Brig. Gen. Linda S. Hurry is the Commander, Defense Supply Center Richmond and Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Virginia. Operating at 18 geographically separated sites, DLA Aviation is the combat logistics and supply chain manager for aviation and nuclear assets across the Department of Defense. General Hurry’s DLA team is comprised of over 3,900 civilian and military personnel supporting more than 2,000 weapon systems as the U.S. military's integrated materiel manager for 1.2 million national stock number items, industrial retail supply and depot-level repairable acquisitions resulting in over $7 billion in annual sales.
General Hurry received her commission from the Air Force Academy in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in pre-law/legal studies. She is a joint staff officer who performed duties as a Logistics Readiness Officer at numerous wing, major command and combatant command levels, and as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer at both the wing and Air Logistics Complex levels. General Hurry also served as the Commander of the 635th Supply Chain Operations Wing responsible for the Air Force’s operational supply chains. Prior to this assignment, she served as the Director of Expeditionary Support at Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center and was responsible for delivering worldwide expeditionary installation and mission support capabilities, readiness, training and equipment to customers at the headquarters, major command and installation levels.
1991 Bachelor of Science in pre-law/legal studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1994 Master of Science in logistics management, AF Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, (Joint Professional Military Education Phase I), by correspondence
2006 Master of Arts in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2006 Joint Forces Staff College (Joint PME Phase II), Norfolk, Va.
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2010 Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellowship, Caterpillar, Inc., Decatur and Downers Grove, Ill.
2012 LOGTECH Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
2012 Senior Leader Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2018 LOGTECH Executive Leadership Program, Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
1. August 1991 - October 1991, student, Transportation Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. October 1991 - March 1994, Vehicle Maintenance, Operations and Combat Readiness Officer, 23rd Transportation Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
3. March 1994 - August 1995, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. August 1995 - April 1999, Chief, Combat Readiness Planning and Chief, Traffic Management Branch, Transportation Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
5. April 1999 - April 2001, Senior Maintenance Officer and Chief Quality Assurance Evaluator, 71st Operations Group, Vance AFB, Okla.
6. April 2001 – June 2003, Aerial Port Flight CC and Director of Operations, 731st Air Mobility Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
7. July 2003 - July 2005, Commander, 92nd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
8. August 2005 - June 2006, student, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
9. July 2006 - September 2006, student, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
10. October 2006 – June 2009, Change Management/Joint Logistician Development Branch Chief and Deputy, Legislative Affairs Division, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. June 2009 - June 2010, Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellow, Caterpillar, Inc., Decatur and Downers Grove, Ill.
12. July 2010 - February 2011, Executive Assistant to the Commander, Commanders Action Group, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. February 2011 - July 2013, Commander, 735th Supply Chain Operations Group, Joint Base Langley- Eustis, Va.
14. August 2013 - July 2014, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. July 2014-August 2016, Commander, 635th Supply Chain Operations Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. August 2016-June 2017, Director, Expeditionary Support, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
17. June 2017 – present, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. October 2006 – June 2009, Change Management/Joint Logistician Development Branch Chief and Deputy, Legislative Affairs Division, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill., as a lieutenant colonel
2. July 2010 - February 2011, Executive Assistant to the Commander, Commanders Action Group, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill., as a colonel.
3. June 2017 - present, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va., as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Airlift Tanker Association Young Leadership Award
Distinguished Graduate, Naval Command Staff College
National Defense University Foundation Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major April 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2009
Brigadier General June 24, 2016
(Current as of September 2018)