2014 Nuclear Deterrence, Missile Operations award winners announced
By Maj. Matt Hudson, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Force Development Branch
/ Published July 17, 2015
WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- Air Force officials recently named the winners of the 2014 Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award and the Nuclear and Missile Operations Award.
The Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of Airmen contributing to nuclear deterrence operations. The Nuclear and Missile Operations Award is presented annually to honor officers within the nuclear and missile operations career field who made the most significant contribution to nuclear and missile operations in the previous calendar year.
These outstanding nuclear professionals were selected from a diverse field within the Air Force’s major commands, unified combatant commands and other agencies including the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard.
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Award winners are:
- Airman of the Year: Senior Airman Francesca E. Jackson, 91st Missile Security Forces Squadron, 91st
Missile Wing, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota
- NCO of the Year: Staff Sgt. Dustin P. Taylor, 31st Security Forces Squadron, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano Air Base, Italy
- Senior NCO of the Year: Master Sgt. Joseph A. Anderson, 791st MSFS, 91st MW, Minot AFB, North Dakota
- Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Michael H. Hillier, 39th Maintenance Squadron, 39th AB, Incirlik, Turkey
- Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Erik J. Schmid, 31st Munitions Squadron, 31st FW, Aviano AB, Italy
- Category I Civilian of the Year: Shannon M. Clugston, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- Category II Civilian of the Year: Chad A. Smith, 5th SFS, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, North Dakota
- Category III Civilian of the Year: Jeffrey K. Bell, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
- Professional Team: Air Force Global Strike Command Force Improvement Program team (Lt. Col. Russell S. Williford; Majs. Raymond J. Fortner, Kenneth W. Horton, Gregory M. Watson, Daniel W. Wasserman, Raymundo M. Vann, Jr., Andrew F. Brown III; Capts. Frank G. Scopa, Gerald M. Underwood, Jr., Derek J. Williams; 1st Lt. Michael A. Ford; 2nd Lt. Phillip R. Jenkins; Elizabeth M. Jones, Carolyn J. Forester, David A. Davies; and Chief Master Sgt. Scott C. Daigneault)
Nuclear and Missile Operations Award winners are:
- Operator of the Year: 1st Lt. Victoria A. Fort, 741st Missile Squadron, 91st MW, Minot AFB, North Dakota
- Company Grade Officer of the Year: Capt. Daniel R. Moore, 576th Flight Test Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, California
- Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Dustin D. Harmon, AFGSC, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
The Nuclear Operations Awards Program is administered and overseen by Headquarters Air Force Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration Directorate in accordance with Air Force Instruction 36-2870, “Nuclear Operations Awards Program.”