Brig. Gen. Frank E. Anderson is the mobilization assistant to the Commander, 8th Air Force, Air Combat Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
General Anderson was born in North Hollywood, Calif. He was commissioned in 1977 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, and completed undergraduate pilot training at Williams AFB, Ariz., in August 1978. A command pilot with more than 3,500 flying hours, he has served as an instructor pilot, flight commander and F-16 Program Element Monitor. His commands include a fighter squadron and maintenance group. Prior to his current assignment, he was mobilization assistant to the Director of Operations and Training, Deputy Chief of Staff for Air, Space and Information Operations, Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
1977 Bachelor of Science degree in general studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1983 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1985 USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1997 Air Command Staff College
2001 Air War College
1. August 1977 - July 1978, student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. February 1978 - March 1982, instructor pilot, 20th Tactical Air Support Squadron, Sembach Air Base, West Germany
3. January 1983 - March 1985, instructor pilot, 429th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
4. March 1985 - March 1989, weapons officer, 312th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron; weapons officer and flight commander, 314th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron; and Chief, F-16 Block 40 Training, 58th Tactical Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
5. May 1989 - April 1991, weapons officer and instructor pilot, 302nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. April 1991 - June 1999, Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, flight commander and Commander, 457th Fighter Squadron, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
7. June 1999 - September 2000, Litening Pod Program Manager, Requirements Integration Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. September 2000 - June 2002, F-16 Program Element Monitor, Directorate for Requirements, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. July 2002 - September 2004, Commander, Maintenance Group, 301st Fighter Wing, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
10. September 2004 - April 2005, senior individual mobilization augmentee to the Deputy Director, Global Power Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Washington D.C.
11. April 2005 - June 2008, mobilization assistant to the Director of Operations and Training, Deputy Chief of Staff for Air, Space and Information Operations, Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2008 - present, mobilization assistant to the Commander, 8th Air Force, Air Combat Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 3,500
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, OV-10A, F-16A and F-16C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with two bronze stars
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Long
Air Force Longevity Service Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Force Reserve Medal with hourglass
Small Arms Expert Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon
1979 Distinguished graduate, F-16A Conversion School, MacDill AFB, Fla.
1979 Forward Air Controller of the Year
Citation of Honor, Air Force Association
Aviation Laurels Award, Aviation Week & Space Technology
(Current as of July 2008)