Debra A. Warner, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of Civilian Force Management, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She is responsible for all functional areas of civilian personnel management policy and the formulation and execution of long- range, strategic plans and policies for over 180,000 civilian employees. She oversees policies relating to the deployment of civilians, civilian work-year management, civilian compensation and travel, civilian pay and benefits, and management of nonappropriated fund (NAF) employees.
Ms. Warner has served in a variety of assignments at installation, major command and Air Staff levels. She has a multi-faceted, diverse background in the human resource specialties of equal employment, staffing/recruitment, classification, labor, employee management relations, resources and civilian personnel officer. Prior to assuming her present position, Ms. Warner was the Director, Civilian Force Integration, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, San Antonio, Texas. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in August 2012.
1990 Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Management, University of Maryland, College Park
1992 Position Classification, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Civilian Personnel Management, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Advanced Affirmative Employment, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Advanced Civilian Personnel Officer Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Arts degree in Human Resource Management, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2002 Resource Management, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Employee Management Relations, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2008 Defense Employee and Labor Relations Symposium, Washington, D.C.
2010 Air Force Strategic Mindset Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2011 Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution, Washington, D.C.
2014 Air Force Senior Executive Warfighter Perspective Seminar, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 APEX 39 Department of Defense Senior Executive Service Orientation Program, Washington, D.C
1. April 1987 - February 1990, Administrative/Secretary, Sembach Air Base, Germany
2. August 1990 - September 1990, Medical Support Assistant, 366th Medical Support Group, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
3. September 1990 - January 1994, Human Resource Management, 366th Mission Support Squadron, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
4. January 1994 - January 1996, Equal Employment and Staffing Specialist, 82nd Mission Support Squadron, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
5. January 1996 - October 1998, Chief, Transition Team/Supervisory Staffing Specialist, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
6. October 1998 - August 2001, Equal Employment and Staffing Specialist, Action Officer, Headquarters, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
7. August 2001 - April 2003, Civilian Personnel Officer, 14th Mission Support Squadron, Civilian Personnel Office, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
8. April 2003 - March 2005, Director, United States Air Force Europe Regional Personnel Center, Sembach Air Base, Germany
9. March 2005 - March 2006, Chief, Career Field Employment Division 4, Headquarters, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
10. March 2006 - October 2006, Equal Employment/Staffing Action Officer, Headquarters Pacific Air Force, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
11. October 2006 - August 2008, Chief, Labor and Employee Management Relations, 15th Mission Support Squadron, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
12. August 2008 - November 2010, Human Resource Workforce Shaping Program Manager, Civilian Force Policy Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters, United States Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. November 2010 - August 2012, Chief, Personnel Services Delivery Transformation Program Integration, Directorate Plans and Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. August 2012 - December 2014, Director, Civilian Force Integration, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
15. December 2014 - present, Director of Civilian Force Management, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1998, 2000, 2005 and 2006 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2006 Civilian of the Year, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2007 PACAF Outstanding Civilian Personnel Senior Program Manager
2008 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2009 HAF Force Management Policy Civilian Personnel Manager of the Year
2012 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2015 Exceptional Civilian Service Award
2016 Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
(Current as of January 2020)