Maj. Gen. C. McCauley von Hoffman is the Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She directs policy and procedures for field and depot-level aircraft and commodities maintenance, nuclear weapon systems sustainment, software engineering, conventional munitions, logistics plans, transportation, supply-chain operations and management, civil engineering, force protection and logistics information technology activities. Maj. Gen. von Hoffman is the lead command integrator for life-cycle sustainment, product support and acquisition logistics across the Air Force weapon systems portfolio. Furthermore, she provides infrastructure and functional support to the newly established United States Space Force.
Maj. Gen. von Hoffman received her commission through ROTC at Vanderbilt University in 1989. She began her career as a supply and fuels officer and later cross-trained into aircraft maintenance. She has since had assignments in both fighter and airlift weapon systems, logistics command and control, studies and analysis, as well as joint operations and logistics.
Prior to assuming her current position, Maj. Gen. von Hoffman served as the Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill Air Force Base, Utah. She has held the position of Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany. Additionally, she held the position of Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. She has commanded a squadron and group. Maj. Gen. von Hoffman also served as Chief of a Joint Operations Center for a combatant command and Assistant Deputy Director for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. She has served tours in the Pacific and Europe and deployed in support of several contingency operations including operations Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, Northern Watch, Coronet Oak, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and History, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2013 LOGTECH Executive Course, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. October 1989–November 1992, Flight Commander, Supply and Fuels Flight, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. (December 1991–May 1992, Flight Commander, Fuels Flight, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates)
2. November 1992–January 1994, Flight Commander, Fuels Flight, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
3. February 1994–January 1997, Flight Commander, Sortie Generation and Support Flights, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
4. January 1997–July 2000, Chief, Agile Combat Support, C2 Training and Innovation Center, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. July 2000–July 2003, Chief, Weapons Systems Support Branch, Air Force Logistics Management Agency, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
6. July 2003–August 2005, Commander, 908th Maintenance Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2004–June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. August 2005–November 2007, Deputy Commander, 908th Maintenance Group, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. November 2007–July 2009, Deputy Commander, 403rd MXG, Keesler AFB, Miss.
10. July 2009–June 2012, Commander, 908th MXG, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2012–August 2014, Assistant Deputy Director for Strategic Logistics, the Joint Staff, J4 Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. August 2014–October 2015, Reserve Advisor and Division Chief, Systems Support Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
13. October 2015–October 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
14. October 2017–December 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters ACC, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
15. January 2019–July 2019, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
16. July 2019–July 2021, Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Air Force Sustainment Center, Hill AFB, Utah
17. July 2021–present, Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. April 2011–October 2011, Chief of Operations, Joint Operations Center, Operations Directorate (J3), U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., as a colonel
2. June 2012–August 2014, Assistant Deputy Director for Strategic Logistics, the Joint Staff, J4 Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” Device and five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Medal with gold border
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
Aircraft Maintenance Manager
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 13, 1989
First Lieutenant July 21, 1991
Captain July 21, 1993
Major Nov. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel Feb. 25, 2010
Brigadier General Jan. 1, 2017
Major General April 29, 2021
(Current as of August 2021)