Maj. Gen. Polly A. Peyer is Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. She is responsible for worldwide logistics support for C-130 and C-5 transport aircraft, F-15 fighter aircraft, U-2 reconnaissance aircraft as well as support for remotely piloted vehicles, Air Force helicopters, air-to-air missiles, surface motor vehicles and high-technology airborne electronics, avionics and electronic warfare requirements. Other responsibilities include comprehensive logistics support and sustainment for the E-8C Joint STARS and the C-17 transport aircraft. The center is one of three Air Force air logistics centers and the largest single-site industrial complex in the state of Georgia.
General Peyer entered active duty as an enlisted member in July 1975 and was commissioned through Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas, in March 1977. She received her undergraduate degree from Florida State University and a master's degree from the University of Northern Colorado. Her military education includes in-residence attendance at Squadron Officer School, Air Command and Staff College, and Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
General Peyer has commanded at squadron, group and wing levels. She has held major command and headquarters-level positions and was formerly the military assistant to the acting Secretary of the Air Force. She is certified in Life Cycle Logistics, Level III, by the Acquisition Professional Development Program. The general served as the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii, with collateral duties as the Director of Logistics for Joint Task Force-519.
1971 Bachelor of Science degree in criminology, Florida State University, Tallahassee
1980 Master of Science degree in business administration and management, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
1981 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1988 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Distinguished graduate, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2001 National Security Management Course, Syracuse University, N.Y.
2007 Program for Senior Managers in Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2008 Systems Acquisition Management Course for Flag Officers, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1. September 1977 - April 1980, F-4 aircraft maintenance officer, 67th Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, Bergstrom AFB, Texas
2. April 1980 - July 1983, E-3 maintenance staff officer, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
3. July 1983 - August 1984, Air Staff training officer, Budget and Comptroller Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
4. August 1984 - June 1987, F-15 aircraft maintenance unit officer, later, squadron maintenance supervisor, 36th Tactical Fighter Wing, Bitburg Air Base, West Germany
5. June 1987 - June 1988, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. June 1988 - July 1991, depot maintenance program officer, Logistics Plans and Programs Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. July 1991 - June 1992, Commander, 8th Equipment Maintenance Squadron and, later, 8th Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan AB, South Korea
8. June 1992 - August 1993, Chief, Command, Control, and Communications Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. August 1993 - June 1994, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 1994 - June 1995, Chief, Logistics Readiness Center, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
11. June 1995 - August 1996, Chief, Mobility Division, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. August 1996 - January 1998, Commander, 82nd Training Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
13. January 1998 - June 1999, military assistant to the acting Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. June 1999 - September 2000, Commander, 377th Air Base Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. September 2000 - June 2002, Director of Propulsion, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. June 2002 - June 2003, Vice Commander, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. June 2003 - July 2006, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
18. July 2006 - July 2008, Director of Resource Integration, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. August 2008 - present, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 1994 - June 1995, Logistics Readiness Center Chief, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla., as a lieutenant colonel
2. June 1995 - August 1996, Mobility Division Chief, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla., as a lieutenant colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Short
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Long with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with silver and two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant March 24, 1977
First Lieutenant March 24, 1979
Captain March 24, 1981
Major March 1, 1987
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 1992
Colonel Oct. 1, 1996
Brigadier General July 1, 2003
Major General Nov. 3, 2006
(Current as of November 2010)