Maj. Gen. H. Brent Baker Sr. is the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is responsible for developing and directing policy for the depot overhaul, repair, and modification of Air Force weapon systems. The depot maintenance activity is valued at $6.5 billion per year at the command’s three Air Logistics Complexes (ALCs), while the supply activity is valued at $5.8 billion.
In addition, he directs policy and procedures affecting AFMC aircraft maintenance, munitions, supply, logistics plans, transportation and packaging methods, and logistics data systems. Finally, as the staff lead for logistics and life cycle sustainment issues, General Baker plans and coordinates product support and acquisition logistics for fielded and emerging Air Force weapon systems.
General Baker entered the Air Force in 1979 as an enlisted member and was commissioned in 1985 through Officer Training School after graduation from Southern Illinois University. He has had numerous assignments, such as the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam; Chief, Materiel Management Flight, 8th Supply Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea, and headquarters staff positions, including Chief, Supply Policy and Procedures, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Virginia. General Baker also served as a presidential fuels flight officer at Joint Base Andrews, Md., and as the Commander, 18th Mission Support Group, Kadena Air Base, Japan. He served both as the Vice Commander and Commander, 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, California. Prior to his current assignment, General Baker served as the Commander, Air Force Global Logistics Support Center at Scott AFB, Ill. and Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex at Hill AFB, Utah.
1985 Bachelor of Science degree in industrial technology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
1988 Master of Science degree in administration, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
1989 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Master of Arts degree in strategic studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 USAF Antiterrorism Level IV Course, Washington, D.C.
2008 Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
2010 Senior Officer Course, Air Force Combat Ammunition Center, Beale AFB, Calif.
2011 Logistics and Technology Executive Course, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2012 Africa Regional Program, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1979 - July 1980, fuels instructor, 47th Supply Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. July 1980 - March 1983, fuels specialist, 3372nd Student Squadron, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. April 1983 - March 1985, fuels specialist, 375th Supply Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
4. March 1985 - May 1985, student, Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. June 1985 - July 1988, Fuels Management Flight Commander and Materiel Management Flight Commander, 1776th Supply Squadron, JB Andrews, Md.
6. August 1988 - August 1990, Chief, Combat Operations, 4557th Supply Squadron, Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland
7. August 1990 - October 1993, supply and fuels inspector, Headquarters Tactical Air Command; Chief, Supply Policy and Procedures, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
8. October 1993 - October 1994, Chief, Materiel Management Flight, 8th Supply Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
9. October 1994 - September 1995, Chief, Supply Procedures and Analysis, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
10. September 1995 - July 1997, Commander, 354th Supply Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
11. August 1997 - June 1998, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 1998 - July 1999, Supply Manager and Chief, Supply Policy and Procedures Branch, Headquarters Standard Systems Group, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. July 1999 - July 2001, Maintenance and Supply Action Officer, Logistics Directorate (J4), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. August 2001 - June 2002, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
15. July 2002 - June 2003, Chief, Communications Support Division, Avionics Directorate, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
16. July 2003 - August 2005, Commander, 18th Mission Support Group, Kadena Air Base, Japan
17. August 2005 - June 2006, Vice Commander, 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
18. June 2006 - May 2007, Commander, 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
19. May 2007- March 2008, Commander, Global Logistics Support Center Provisional, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
20. March 2008 - January 2009, Vice Commander and Commander, Air Force Global Logistics Support Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
21. January 2009 - July 2011, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
22. July 2011 - July 2012, Commander, Air Force Global Logistics Support Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
23. July 2012 - September 2014, Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
24. September 2014 - present, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 1999 - July 2001, Maintenance and Supply staff officer, The Joint Staff/J4, Pentagon, Washington, D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
2. January 2009 - July 2011, Director of Logistics, Joint Task Force 519, Pacific Command, Makalapa, Hawaii, as a colonel and a brigadier general
3. March 2009 - July 2011, Director of Logistics, Combined Joint Task Force Unified Engagement, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, as a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with three oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star device
Humanitarian Service Medal
1988 U.S. Air Force Junior Supply Manager of the Year
1992 U.S. Air Force Inspector General Inspector of the Year
1997 Pacific Air Forces Senior Supply Manager of the Year
2001 Joint Staff/J-4 Officer of the Year
2006 Graduate, Leadership Southern California
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 21, 1985
First Lieutenant May 21, 1987
Captain May 21, 1989
Major Dec. 1, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 1998
Colonel July 1, 2003
Brigadier General July 3, 2009
Major General Nov. 9, 2012
(Current as of October 2014)