Brig. Gen. Scott A. Kindsvater is the Assistant Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, and Assistant Vice Commander, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force, Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina. As such, the general assists with the development of contingency plans and the execution of air operations for the 20-nation U.S. Central Command area of responsibility covering Central and Southwest Asia.
General Kindsvater was commissioned in 1989 after graduating from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He is a F-15E weapons school graduate and instructor. General Kindsvater is a command pilot with more than 3,600 hours of flight time, to include more than 600 combat hours over lraq and Afghanistan. He has held various staff assignments to include 9th Air Force, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, USAF Headquarters, Office of the Defense Representative-Pakistan, the Joint Staff, and Military Fellow to U.S. Senator Pat Roberts. He commanded the 336th Fighter Squadron, 336th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron three times, was commandant of the U.S. Air Force Weapons School, and commanded the 93rd Air Ground Operations Wing.
Prior to his current assignment, he was Commander of the 82nd Training Wing at Sheppard AFB, Texas.
1989 Bachelor's degree in general studies, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1995 U.S. Air Force Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 National Defense Fellow, Certificate of Legislative Studies, GAI, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
2001 Master's degree in military arts and sciences, Touro University International
2007 Master's degree in strategic studies, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
2009 National Security Studies Course, Maxwell School, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
2010 Senior Manager Course in National Security, Elliott School, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2014 Capstone Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1989 - August 1990, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. August 1990 - May 1991, F-15E Student, RTU, 461st Tactical Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. May 1991 - March 1996, Instructor Pilot, Flight Lead and Mission Commander, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. March 1996 - October 1999, Flight Commander and Instructor Pilot, F-15E Division, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. October 1999 - November 2000, National Defense Fellow to U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, U.S. Senate, Washington D.C.
6. November 2000 - November 2001, Chief of Congressional Engagement, Congressional Action Division, Office of Legislative Liaison Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. November 2001 - June 2003, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, 9th Air Force and U.S. Air Forces Central, Shaw AFB, S.C.
8. June 2003 - May 2006, Assistant Director of Operations, 335th Fighter Squadron; then Commander, 336th FS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C. (Commander, 336th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron; June - September 2004 Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar; March - April 2005 Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates; January - May 2006 Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
9. July 2006 - June 2007, Student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
10. June 2007 - June 2009, Commandant, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. August 2009 - June 2011, Chief, Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction Division, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, J-5; then Joint Staff Representative to the Joint Chiefs of Staff Working Group; then Executive Assistant to the Director of the Joint Staff, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2011- July 2012, Commander, 93rd Air Ground Operations Wing, Moody AFB, Ga.
13. August 2012 - August 2013, Deputy for Security Cooperation, Office of Defense Representative, U.S. Embassy lslamabad, Pakistan
14. September 2013 - June 2015, Commander, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
15. June 2015 - present, Assistant Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, and Assistant Vice Commander, 9th Air Expeditionary Task Force, Shaw AFB, S.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2009 - June 2011, Chief, Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction Division, Directorate for Strategic Plans and Policy, J-5, then Joint Staff Representative to the JCS Working Group, then Executive Assistant to the Director of the Joint Staff, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C., as a colonel
2. August 2012 - August 2013, Deputy for Security Cooperation, Office of Defense Representative, U.S. Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan, as a brigadier general
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,600
Aircraft flown: F-15E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1989
First Lieutenant June 1991
Captain June 1993
Major July 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 2003
Colonel January 2007
Brigadier General November 2012
(Current as of June 2015)