6/18/2012 - JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) -- Fourteen lieutenant colonels and 1,269 majors were selected for promotion to colonel and lieutenant colonel during the 2012A line of the Air Force and LAF-judge advocate central selection boards, Air Force Personnel Center officials announced.
The boards considered 124 lieutenant colonels and 6,639 majors for promotion. Selection statistics include the following:
To Colonel - In-the-promotion zone for LAF-J: 13 selected from 23 considered for 56.5 percent select rate
- Below-the-promotion zone for LAF-J: 1 selected from 66 considered for 1.5 percent select rate
To Lieutenant Colonel: - In-the-promotion zone for LAF: 1,096 selected from 1,453 considered for 75.4 percent select rate
- Above-the-promotion zone for LAF: 17 selected from 1,405 considered for 1.2 percent select rate
- Below-the-promotion zone for LAF: - 123 selected from 3604 considered for 3.4 percent select rate
- In-the-promotion zone for LAF-J: 30 selected from 38 considered for 78.9 percent select rate
- Above-the-promotion zone for LAF-J: 2 selected from 31considered for 6.5 percent select rate
- Above-the-promotion zone for LAF-J: 1 selected from 108 considered for .9 percent select rate
For more information about promotion opportunities and other personnel issues, go to the myPers website at https://mypers.af.mil.
(Courtesy of Air Force Personnel, Services and Manpower Public Affairs)