Thomas J. Robillard, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, Air-to-Ground Munitions Systems Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. Mr. Robillard's programs include the Joint Direct Attack Munition, Small Diameter Bomb, Sensor Fuzed Weapon, Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser, WCMD Extended Range, Joint Stand-off Weapon System, Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile and JASSM Extended Range. These programs are all key elements in enabling our warfighters to engage high-value targets from long distance, while keeping aircrews out of harms way.
Mr. Robillard is a 1973 graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and he entered federal service the same year. He has held a variety of positions in program control and program management, including Director of the Acquisition Center of Excellence at Hanscom AFB, Mass., and Director of Eglin's Air-to-Air Missile Systems Wing. Mr. Robillard was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in July 2002.
1973 Bachelor of Arts degree in economics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
1980 Master of Business Administration degree, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
1991 Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1993 Senior Executive Fellowship, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1997 Master of Science degree in national resource strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1973 - November 1975, economist, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. November 1975 - March 1983, cost analyst, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. March 1983 - August 1984, operation research staff member, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. August 1984 - May 1986, group supervisor, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
5. May 1986 - January 1990, Chief of Program Control, Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
6. January 1990 - May 1990, Deputy Program Manager, Joint STARS, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
7. May 1990 - June 1990, Chief of Program Control, Joint STARS, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
8. June 1990 - December 1993, Deputy Program Manager, Joint STARS, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
9. December 1993 - August 1995, Director of Programs, Joint STARS, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
10. August 1995 - July 1997, Deputy Program Director, Joint STARS, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
11. July 1997 - November 2000, NAS Program Manager, Global Air Traffic Operations Mobility Command and Control Systems Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
12. November 2000 - December 2001, Chief, Intermodal Logistics and Systems Planning and Analysis Division, Department of Transportation, Research and Special Projects Agency, Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Cambridge, Mass.
13. January 2002 - July 2002, Director, Acquisition Center of Excellence, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
14. July 2002 - January 2005, Program Director, Counterair Joint SPO, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
15. January 2005 - May 2005, Director, Air-to-Air Missile Systems Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
16. May 2005 - present, Director, Air-to-Ground Munitions Systems Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1990 Harold M. Wright Award for outstanding civilian achievement and service, Air Force Association
1992 Theodore Von Karman Award to Joint STARS Program Office, Air Force Association
1997 Maj. Gen. Albert R. Shiely Jr. Award for best Program Executive Officer program at ESC, presented to Global Air Traffic Operations Mobility C2 SPO
2003 General Bernard A. Schriever Award, presented to the Counterair Joint SPO
2004 Acquisition Transformation and Leadership Award for Outstanding Air Force System Program Director (Civilian)
2006 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
Acquisition Program Management and Financial Management, Level III
Cost Analyst, Institute of Cost Analysis
Professional Estimator, National Estimating Society
(Current as of October 2006)