Brig. Gen. Ellen M. Moore is the Mobilization Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Arlington, Virginia. SAF/MR is responsible for the oversight of manpower, military and civilian personnel, Reserve Component affairs and readiness support for the Department of the Air Force. Brig. Gen. Moore was commissioned in 1987 through the Air Force ROTC program at The Ohio State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration. She was selected as a regular officer in 1992 and spent 11 years on active duty before transitioning to the Air Force Reserve.
Brig. Gen. Moore is a fully qualified personnel officer, logistics officer and certified Joint Qualified Officer. She participated in Operation Southern Watch and served as the Combined Forces Special Operations Command Central liaison to Central Command Forward Headquarters, supporting operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. She also had the honor of being hand-picked as the first Air Force Reservist to teach Air Force ROTC.
Brig. Gen. Moore previously served as Commander, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, where she was responsible for personnel support to nearly 1.3 million Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve, Regular Air Force and retired members.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, The Ohio State University, Columbus
1988 Basic Transportation Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1991 Master of Public Administration Degree, University of Oklahoma, Howard AFB, Republic of Panama
1992 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Staff Transportation Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1996 Academic Instructor School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 U.S. Air Force Personnel Bridge Course, by correspondence
2013 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education II, in residence and by correspondence
2017 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense Business, Durham, N.C.
2017 Leadership Decision Making Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2018 Defense Entrepreneurial Technology Executive Course for Senior Leaders, Washington, D.C.
2018 CAPSTONE General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2018 Leading Effectively Through Change, William F. Bolger Center, Potomac, Md.
1. March 1988 - November 1990, Air Terminal Operations Center Duty Officer/Vehicle Operations/Maintenance Officer, 3rd Mobile Aerial Port Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
2. November 1990 - November 1993, Chief, Combat Plans and Readiness/Vehicle Operations Officer, 24th Transportation Squadron, Howard AFB, Republic of Panama
3. November 1993 - July 1996, Officer in Charge, Aircraft Services/Aerial Port Operations Officer, 89th Aerial Port Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. July 1994 - September 1994, Operations Officer, 4404th Transportation Squadron, King Abdul Aziz Air Base, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
5. July 1996 - July 1999, Education/Recruiting/Executive Officer/Commandant of Cadets, AFROTC Det 790, Tennessee State University, Nashville
6. July 1999 - January 2000, Logistics Officer, 908th Logistics Support Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. January 2000 - July 2004, Education/Recruiting/Executive Officer/Commandant of Cadets, AFROTC Det 790, Tennessee State University, Nashville
8. July 2004 - July 2007, Chief, Resources Division, Headquarters Air Force Recruiting Service, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. July 2007 - March 2010, Program Manager, RMG Detachment 23, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
10. January 2009 - June 2009, Central Command Special Operations Liaison Officer and Manpower Operational Planning Team Lead for the Commanding General's Support Staff, Special Operations Command Central, Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar and MacDill AFB, Fla.
11. March 2010 - October 2011, Program Manager, RMG Detachment 3, U.S. Special Operations Command, U.S. Central Command, Air Force Special Operations Command and U.S. Southern Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. October 2011 - May 2013, Chief, Programs Management Division, J1, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H. M. Smith, Hawaii
13. May 2013 - September 2014, Chief, Readiness and Reserve Division, J1, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H. M. Smith, Hawaii
14. August 2014 - April 2016, Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. April 2016 - June 2019, Commander, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo.
16. June 2019 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
October 2011 - September 2014, Chief, Readiness and Reserve Division, United States Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii, as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with silver leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Air Force Longevity Service with silver leaf cluster
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 12, 1987
First Lieutenant Sept. 23, 1989
Captain Sept. 23, 1991
Major Oct. 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel Oct. 26, 2011 (DOR July 1, 2010)
Brigadier General Jan. 1, 2017
(Current as of June 2019)