Judith L. Simon, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Assistant Auditor General, Financial and Systems Audits Directorate, Air Force Audit Agency, March Air Reserve Base, Calif. She is responsible for the planning and execution of Air Force-wide internal audit activity that addresses financial management, financial reporting, computer systems development and computer security.
Ms. Simon began her federal service in 1973 as an account supervisor with Navy Nonappropriated Funds at Miramar Naval Air Station, Calif. She joined civil service as an auditor with the Federal Energy Administration in Los Angeles, later transferring to the Air Force Audit Agency where she performed audits of acquisition programs and base level-activities. In 1981, Ms. Simon was selected as an Audit Manager at the newly formed Directorate of Financial and Support Audits at Norton Air Force Base, Calif. She also served there as an audit team leader and headquarters staff officer with the Directorate of Operations.
Ms. Simon moved to Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, in 1989. She served for nearly 12 years in the Directorate of Acquisition and Logistics Audits. Within the directorate, she was promoted to Program Manager for the Information Systems Division, supervising the audits of system security and acquisition. She later transferred to the Supply, Test and Evaluation Division to perform audits in working capital funds, spares and acquisition. In 2001, Ms. Simon was selected as the Chief of the Financial Services and Systems Division for Air Force Materiel Command. In this position she was responsible for accounting policy and procedures, financial system implementation and liaison, and providing certified accountable financial statements. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2006.
1975 Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, San Diego State University, Calif.
1980 Master's degree in business administration, California State University, Dominguez Hills
1989 Professional Military Comptroller School
2000 Defense Leadership and Management Program
2002 Air War College
1. 1973 - 1976, accounting supervisor, Nonappropriated Funds, Miramar Naval Air Station, Calif.
2. 1976 - 1978, auditor, Federal Energy Administration, Los Angeles, Calif.
3. 1978 - 1981, auditor, Air Force Audit Agency, Los Angeles Air Force Station, Calif.
4. 1981 - 1983, Audit Manager, Directorate of Financial and Support Audits, Norton AFB, Calif.
5. 1983 - 1986, Senior Auditor and Team Leader, Air Force Audit Agency, Norton AFB, Calif.
6. 1986 - 1989, headquarters staff officer, Directorate of Operations, Norton AFB, Calif.
7. 1989 - 1991, Audit Manager, Directorate of Acquisition and Logistics Audits, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 1991 - 2001, Program Manager, Directorate of Acquisition and Logistics Audits, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2001 - 2006, Chief, Financial Services and Systems Division, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. 2006 - present, Assistant Auditor General, Financial and Systems Audits Directorate, Air Force Audit Agency, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
1989 Information Systems Auditor
1994 Government Financial Manager
2003 Financial Management, Level III
2004 Defense Financial Manager
(Current as of October 2009)