Eugene Collins, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Logistics, Directorate of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for organizing, training, and equipping more than 180,000 technicians and managers maintaining the Air Force global engagement aerospace weapons system inventory. He provides strategic direction for materiel and equipment management, fuels, vehicle management and operations, distribution, personal property, and passenger traffic management. The directorate develops logistics readiness, maintenance and munitions policy, ensuring the readiness of the single largest element of manpower supporting Air Force combat forces worldwide.
Mr. Collins is a 26-year Air Force veteran, retiring as a colonel. He is a combat-proven aircraft maintenance and logistics leader who participated in operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom and Southern Watch.
Mr. Collins was commissioned upon graduation from Mississippi Valley State University. He has served in a wide variety of active duty military and civilian positions of increasing responsibility at Wing, Major Command, Air Force and non-DoD federal government headquarters levels; including service as the Health and Human Services' University Chief Learning Officer and Executive Officer to the Office of the Secretary. Mr. Collins entered the Senior Executive Service in April 2007. Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Collins served as the Deputy Director of Logistics at Headquarters Air Combat Command. He assumed his current position in June 2012.
1979 Bachelor of Science degree in vocational industrial education, Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Bena
1983 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1990 Master of Science degree in human resources management and public administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Calif.
1994 Army Command and Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
1998 Master of Science degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2010 Program for Executives in Logistics and Technology, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2011 Air Force Senior Executive Warfighter Perspective Seminar, Lemay Center for Doctrine Development and Education, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 DoD Joint Executive Management Program, Kenan-Flagler Business School, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. March 1980 - April 1983, Assistant Officer in Charge, 526th Aircraft Maintenance Unit; Assistant
Officer in Charge, 512th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 86th Aircraft Generation Squadron; Assistant Officer in Charge Job Control, 86th Fighter Wing, Ramstein AB, Germany
2. May 1983 - July 1983, Student, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. July 1983 - March 1985, Officer in Charge, 16th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, and Officer in Charge, 19th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 363rd Aircraft Generation Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
4. April 1985 - July 1988, Officer in Charge and Maintenance Supervisor, 4450th Tactical Group,Tonopah Test Range, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. July 1988 - March 1993, Command Briefer and Speechwriter, Commander's Action Group, and Deputy Director of Quality Air Force Deployment and Implementation, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, later, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
6. April 1993 - June 1994, Student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
7. June 1994 - May 1997, Commander, 363rd Training Squadron, and Chief, Manpower and Quality Office, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. May 1997 - June 1998, Student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
9. June 1998 - September 2000, Deputy Operations Group Commander for Maintenance, 20th
Operations Group, and Deputy Commander, 20th Logistics Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
10. September 2000 - August 2002, Chief, Power Systems Division, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
11. August 2002 - August 2003, Commander, 363rd Expeditionary Logistics and Maintenance Groups, 363rd Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
12. August 2003 - June 2005, Chief, Depot Maintenance and Programs Division, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. September 2005 - September 2006, Deputy Director and Facilities Management Officer, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, D.C.
14. September 2006 - April 2007, Director of Executive Support, Directorate of Air, Space, Information Operations, Plans and Requirements (A3/5), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. April 2007 - February 2009, Executive Officer, Office of the Secretary, U.S. Department of Health, Washington, D.C.
16. February 2009 – June 2012, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
17. June 2012 – present, Deputy Director of Logistics, Directorate of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal
1983 Secretary of the Air Force Phoenix Award
2001 Maintenance Daedalian Award Winner
2012 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Alpha Kappa Mu National Honor Society
Life Cycle Logistics, Level III
Program Management, Level I
(Current as of August 2014)