Gilbert J. Montoya, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio Randolph, Texas. The directorate provides maintenance engineering, supply, transportation, civil engineering, and security forces support for 12 bases. The directorate also oversees plans and policies supporting integration of new weapons systems into the command inventory, including the F-22A,CV-22, C-130J, F-35 and TH-1H.
Mr. Montoya has held positions at Kelly Air Force Base, Texas; the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.; Tinker AFB, Oklahoma; Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio; and the Defense Logistics Agency, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Prior to his current position, he was Director of Logistics, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
1983 Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting, University of Texas, San Antonio
1995 Master of Science degree in technology, University of Texas, Tyler
1999 Center for Defense Leadership and Management Program, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. February 1985 - July 1985, aircraft ordnance system mechanic, Aircraft Production Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
2. August 1985 - October 1988, inventory management specialist, Item Management Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
3. November 1988 - February 1991, requirements control officer, Item Management Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
4. March 1991 - November 1993, Program Manager, International Program Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
5. December 1993 - October 1996, Chief, Saudi F100 Propulsion Branch, International Program Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
6. November 1996 - July 1998, Program Manager, Information Systems Division, Plans and Programs Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. August 1998 - May 1999, Deputy, Commodity Support Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
8. June 1999 - January 2000, Chief, Commodity Support Division, Kelly AFB, Texas
9. February 2000 - March 2002, Chief, Joint Management Office, Propulsion Product Group Management, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. April 2002 - August 2002, Program Manager, Transformation Directorate, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. September 2002 - March 2003, F100 Deputy Chief, Fighter Propulsion Division, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. April 2003 - June 2004, Director of Staff, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. July 2004 - April 2006, Deputy Director of Propulsion Management, OC-ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. April 2006 - December 2006, Deputy Director, Aircraft Sustainment Wing, OC-ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. January 2007 - May 2010, Deputy Commander, Plans and Operations of the Defense Supply Center-Philadelphia, Defense Logistics Agency, Philadelphia, Pa.
16. June 2010 - July 2012, Director, 448th Supply Chain Management Wing, Air Force Global Logistics Support Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. July 2012 - July 2014, Director of Logistics, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
18. July 2014 - present, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, JBSA-Randolph, Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Civilian Service Award (3)
Exemplary Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Tinker Management Association
Acquisition, Level II
Program Management, Level II
(Current as of December 2015)