Mr. Daniel A. Fri, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the F-35 Director for Logistics and Sustainment/Product Support Manager, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for all aspects of logistics and sustainment of F-35 aircraft in support of U.S. Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps, eight international partners and a growing number of foreign military sales participants of the program throughout its life cycle. Mr. Fri is responsible for designing, planning and executing a single logistics support system, which maximizes affordability and readiness for all customers as well as for the planning, programming, budgeting and execution of over $3 billion annually across three U.S. Services’ procurement and operations and maintenance accounts as well as the integration of international partner investment and sustainment budgets.
Mr. Fri entered the Air Force in 1979 as a munitions maintenance technician and served 22 years on active duty in a variety of munitions, logistics, product support and supply chain management positions at ten different locations. He retired from active duty in 2001 as a chief master sergeant and entered federal civil service at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. He has since held a number of logistics and supply chain management positions at Headquarters Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command and U.S. Transportation Command. Prior to assuming his current position, he was Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics and Product Support, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition and Logistics, Washington, D.C. Mr. Fri was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2013
2003 Bachelor of Science in Management Logistics, Park University, Parkville, Mo.
2006 Advanced Management Program, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2007 Master of Science in Information Management, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
2009 Air War College, by correspondence
2009 Federal Executive Institute, Senior Leadership Development Course, Charlottesville, Va.
2012 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort
McNair, Washington, D.C.
2013 Defense Senior Leader Development Program, Office of Personnel Management, Washington, D.C.
2013 Program for Executives in Logistics and Technology, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. December 1979 - June 1981, Missile Technician, 32nd Fighter Squadron, 1st Fighter Wing, Soesterberg Air Base, Netherlands
2. June 1981 - January 1983, Munitions Controller, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, 48th Fighter Wing, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
3. January 1983 - July 1987, Technical Instructor, 346th Student Technical Training Squadron, Lowry AFB, Denver, Colo.
4. July 1987 - July 1988, Pre-load Shop Chief, 51st Equipment Maintenance Squadron, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, South Korea
5. July 1988 - June 1991, Production Superintendent, 347th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, 347th Fighter Wing. Moody AFB, Ga.
6. June 1991 - June 1992, Maintenance Superintendent, Munitions Maintenance Squadron, RAF Welford, England
7. June 1992 - September 1994, Munitions Manager, Munitions Maintenance Division, Maintenance Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. September 1994 - June 1996, Munitions Inspector, 9th Air Force Inspector General Team, 9th AF, Shaw AFB, S.C.
9. June 1996 - July 1997, Munitions Production Superintendent, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
10. July 1997 - July 1998, Flight Chief, 8th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, South Korea
11. July 1998 - July 2001, Directorate Superintendent, Munitions Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
12. July 2001 - July 2004, Chief, Munitions Requirements, Munitions Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
13. July 2004 - April 2008, Logistics Architecture IT Data Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. February 2008 - October 2010, Vice Director, 635th Supply Chain Operations Wing, Air Force Global Logistics Support Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. October 2010 - August 2011, Chief, Logistics Sustainment Division, Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate, U.S Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. August 2011 - June 2012, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
17. June 2012 - March 2013, Associate Director of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. March 2013 - November 2014, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
19. November 2014 – November 2016, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics and Product Support, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition and Logistics, Washington, D.C.
20. November 2016 - present, F-35 Director for Logistics and Sustainment/Product Support Manager, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND HONORS
Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Life Cycle Logistics, Level II, Acquisition Professional Development Program
Department of Defense Chief Information Officer
National Security Professional
(Current as of July 2017)