Maj. Gen. Mark K. Johnson is the Director of Logistics Operations (J3) for the Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va. DLA Logistics Operations is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain management of DLA’s nine supply chains, providing logistics and material process management policy, guidance, oversight and monitoring supply chain performance. DLA Logistics Operations oversees the daily operation of DLA’s field activities in supporting 2,300 weapon systems and engages
customers around the world to maximize readiness and logistics combat power by leveraging enterprise solutions.
General Johnson entered the Air Force in 1988 after graduating from the Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Va., in 1987 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics. A career logistics readiness officer, he has commanded units at the squadron, group, and wing level, as well as served in logistics staff positions at the major command, Headquarters U.S. Air Force and joint levels. Prior to his current position, he was the Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
1987 Bachelor of Arts degree in economics, Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Va.
1996 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Business Administration degree in aviation management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2002 Master of Science degree in military arts and science, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2006 Master of Military Science degree, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. February 1988 – July 1990, supply operations officer, 3345th Supply Squadron, Chanute AFB, Ill.
2. July 1990 – July 1993, supply operations officer, 18th Supply Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
3. July 1993 – June 1996, Logistics Career Broadening Program and program manager, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
4. June 1996 – May 1999, supply staff officer and later aide-de-camp, Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. May 1999 – June 2001, Commander, 374th Supply Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
6. June 2001 – June 2002, student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
7. June 2002 – June 2005, supply staff officer and later, executive officer, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. June 2005 – May 2006, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. May 2006 – May 2008, Director for Logistics, J4, Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C.
10. May 2008 – May 2010, Commander, 1st Special Operations Mission Support Group, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
11. May 2010 – May 2012, Commander, 635th Supply Chain Operations Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. May 2012 – March 2013, Deputy Director of Logistics - Sustainment, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. March 2013 – March 2015, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va.
14. March 2015 – June 2017, Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. July 2017 – present, Director, Logistics Operations, Headquarters Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1. May 2006 – May 2008, Director for Logistics, J4, Joint Special Operations Command, Fort Bragg, N.C., as a lieutenant colonel and a colonel
2. March 2013 – March 2015, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va., as a colonel and a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 20, 1987
First Lieutenant Oct. 20, 1989
Captain Oct. 20, 1991
Major May 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2003
Colonel Jan.1, 2007
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2013
Major General June 2, 2017
(Current as of April 2018)