Brig. Gen. Tanya R. Kubinec is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. She assists the commander in leading the daily operations of the command, consisting of 70,000 Airmen, and more than 300 aircraft assigned to three Numbered Air Forces, 34 flying wings, 10 flying groups a space wing, a cyber wing and an intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance wing. Air Force Reserve Command supports the Air Force mission to defend the U.S. through control and exploitation of air, space and cyberspace by supporting global engagement.
Brig. Gen. Kubinec received her commission in June 1993 from the U.S. Air Force Academy and transitioned from active duty to Reserve on Oct. 31, 2009. She is a qualified Logistics Readiness and Aircraft Maintenance officer and is Level I certified in Program Management and Acquisition Logistics. She has served at various levels including wing, center, major command, Air Staff, Joint Staff, Department of Defense Agency and deployed bases.
Prior to this assignment, Brig. Gen. Kubinec was the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1994 Supply Officer School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Master’s degree, Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2003 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2006 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Master’s degree, Operational Art and Strategy, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air War College Correspondence, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1993–February 1996, Materiel Management Flight Commander, 20th Supply Squadron, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
2. March 1996–September 1996, Materiel Storage & Distribution Flight Commander, 100th Supply Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
3. September 1996–June 1997, Combat Operations Support Flight Commander, 100th Supply Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, U.K.
4. June 1997–July 1998, Fuels Management Flight Commander, 100th Supply Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, U.K.
5. July 1998–June 1999, Pentagon Support Flight Commander, 11th Supply Squadron, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
6. July 1999–May 2001, Air Force Intern, Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Management Policy and Program Integration and Joint Staff (J-5) Africa/Israel Political and Military Affairs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. June 2001–February 2002, Team Lead, T37/T38 Sustainment, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah (March–June 2002, Deployed Supply/Fuels Squadron Commander, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
9. July 2002–April 2003, Executive Officer, Maintenance Directorate, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
10. May 2003–April 2004, Maintenance Operations Officer, 56th Component Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. May 2004–July 2005, Commander, 56th Maintenance Operations Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
12. August 2005–June 2006, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. July 2006–June 2008, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. July 2008–July 2009, Commander, 380th Expeditionary Logistics Squadron, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
15. January 2010–December 2011, Division Chief Individual Mobilization Augmentee, Force Development Division, Logistics Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics & Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force, U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. January 2012–April 2012, Deputy Director, Air Force Comprehensive Assessment of Nuclear Sustainment, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
17. May 2012–January 2013, Director of Logistics IMA, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
18. February 2013–September 2015, IMA to Vice Commander, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
19. October 2015–August 2016, Senior IMA to Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington Va.
20. September 2016–October 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Defense Contract Management Agency, Fort Lee, Va.
21. November 2018–February 2019, Principle Deputy Director, Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
22. March 2019–April 2020, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
23. May 2020–present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Global War on Terrorism Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1993
First Lieutenant June 2, 1995
Captain June 2, 1997
Major Aug. 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2008
Colonel Feb. 28, 2013
Brigadier General Dec. 2, 2017
(Current as of June 2020)