Brig. Gen. Douglas S. Martin serves as the Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition Integration, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. He augments leadership of the 100-member acquisition staff organization charged with planning, managing and analyzing the Air Force's $200 billion (Future Years Defense Program) research, development and acquisition investment budget. The general oversees the integration of full life cycle acquisition equities into strategy, requirements, policy, processes, funding, program execution, information technology and workforce management. These activities enable the 25,000-member Air Force acquisition corps to deliver the vital capabilities necessary to accomplish the Air Force’s core missions.
Brig. Gen. Martin was commissioned in 1989 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of South Florida. He transitioned from active duty into the Air Force Reserve in July 2001. He has served in a variety of positions in test and evaluation, program management, research and development at wing, laboratory, program office, center, major command and air staff levels.
Prior to his current assignment, Brig. Gen. Martin served as the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is a member of the federal civil service and is the Lead Systems Integration Engineer in the Fighters and Bombers Directorate of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa
1993 Master of Business Administration, University of West Florida, Pensacola
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2003 Air War College, Maxwell AFB Ala., by correspondence
2007 Masters Certificate, Leadership and Executive Development, University of Dayton, Ohio
2011 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2011 Department of Defense Senior Acquisition Course, Eisenhower School, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2014 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1989–January 1993, Project Engineer, Advanced Warheads, Air Force Research Laboratory, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
2. January 1993–August 1995, Electronic Warfare Test Engineer, 46th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. August 1995–July 1996, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas
4. July 1996–August 1998, Flight Commander, Test Engineer, Studies and Analysis Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. August 1998–July 2001, Chief, F-22 Production Planning, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. July 2001–May 2003, Individual Mobilization Assistant to the F-22 Technical Director, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. May 2003–December 2005, F-22 Production Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. December 2005–December 2007, IMA to the Chief of Staff, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. December 2007–January 2009, Deputy IMA to the Commander, 88th ABW, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. January 2009–August 2009, IMA to the Commander, 88th Mission Support Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. August 2009–June 2013, Deputy Program Element Monitor, Sensor and Information Technologies, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. (October 2010–April 2011, Blue Devil Detachment Commander, 361st Expeditionary Reconnaissance Squadron, 451st Air Expeditionary Wing, Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan)
12. June 2013–July 2015, Senior IMA to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Science, Technology and Engineering, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. July 2015–May 2016, Senior IMA to the Director, Aerospace Systems Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. June 2016–June 2017, Senior IMA to the Program Executive Officer, Fighters and Bombers, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. July 2017–June 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. July 2019–present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition Integration, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 29, 1989
First Lieutenant April 29, 1991
Captain April 29, 1993
Major Nov. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2007
Colonel June 14, 2013
Brigadier General Feb. 1, 2019
(Current as of September 2019)