Mr. Lansen P. Conley, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Logistics and Logistics Services, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Mr. Conley serves as the Center Senior Functional for Logistics, overseeing all activities for life cycle logistics and product support management. He provides program and resource support to 10 Program Executive Officers and approximately 400 programs, and is responsible for more than 3,800 life cycle logisticians.
Mr. Conley commissioned into the Air Force in 1981 after graduation from the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs. After an initial acquisition assignment on Navstar GPS satellite systems, he trained as an aircraft maintenance officer with subsequent assignments in F-111 Aardvark and F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft maintenance, international standardization, and security assistance. He also served as a vice wing, group and squadron commander as well as on Headquarters Air Force and major command staff. Mr. Conley retired from active duty in May 2011 and transitioned to civil service in July 2011. Prior to his current assignment, he served as Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Education and Training Command.
1981 Bachelor of Science, Engineering Physics, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1988 Master of Science, Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
1993 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1993 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
1998 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2001 National Defense Fellow, The Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1981-August 1985, Subsystems Engineer and Test Director, Navstar GPS Program Office, Space Division, Los Angeles Air Force Station, Calif.
2. September 1985-March 1986, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, 3350 Technical Training Group, Chanute Air Force Base, Ill.
3. April 1986-April 1990, Aircraft Maintenance Unit Officer in Charge; Quality Assurance Officer in Charge; Maintenance Supervisor; Maintenance Operations Officer, 20th Tactical Fighter Wing, RAF Upper Heyford, United Kingdom
4. May 1990-July 1992, Deputy Chief, International Standardization Office, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Operations, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
5. August 1992-October 1993, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB Ala., Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va., and Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. November 1993-December 1995, F-16 Program Manager, Office of Military Cooperation, U.S. Embassy, Cairo
7. January 1996-July 1998, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 555th Fighter Squadron, and Commander, 31st Maintenance Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
8. July 1998-July 2000, Member, Chief of Staff of the Air Force’s Operations Group, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. August 2000-June 2001, National Defense Fellow, The Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2001-June 2003, Commander, 31st Logistics Group and Commander, 31st Maintenance Group, Aviano AB, Italy
11. July 2003-July 2005, Chief, Airlift,Tactical,Trainer Propulsion Division; Chief, F-100 Fighter Propulsion Division; Commander, 448th Eagle Propulsion Sustainment Group, Oklahoma Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. July 2005-July 2007, Vice Commander, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
13. July 2007-July 2008, Chief, Afghan National Police Integration Branch, Combined Security Transition Command, Kabul, Afghanistan
14. August 2008-May 2011, Chief, Performance Management Division and Chief, Life Cycle Management Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. July 2011-September 2014, F-22 Raptor Product Support Manager and Chief, F-22 Product Support Management Branch, F-22 Program Office, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. September 2014-September 2017, Chief of Logistics, Fighters and Bombers Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. September 2017-August 2018, Deputy Director, F-35 Hybrid Product Support Integration, F-35 Lightning II Joint Program Office, Arlington, Va.
18. August 2018-October 2019, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
19. October 2019-present, Director of Logistics and Logistics Services, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with three oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Level III, Life Cycle Logistics
Level I, Program Management
DoD Joint Qualification Board Certified - Product Support Manager
(Current as of January 2020)