Robert T. Camden, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Assistant Auditor General, Acquisition, Logistics, and Financial Audits, Air Force Audit Agency, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is responsible for planning, executing and reporting Air Force-wide audits addressing procurement, weapon system acquisition, wholesale and retail supply, transportation, maintenance, finance and foreign military sales. His duties include oversight of 90 audit personnel in four divisions.
Mr. Camden began his federal-service career as an auditor with the Air Force Audit Agency in 1988. He has previously held positions of increasing responsibility as an auditor, audit manager, chief of staff, team chief, program manager, region chief and associate director. In his previous assignment, Mr. Camden was the Deputy Assistant Auditor General, Acquisition, Logistics, and Financial Audits. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2020.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Illinois College, Jacksonville
2003 Professional Military Comptroller School
2005 Masters of Arts, Intelligence - Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Fellow, Excellence in Government Fellows Program
1. June 1988 - June 1992, Auditor, MacDill Audit Office, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
2. June 1992 - May 1994, Auditor, Eglin Area Audit Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. May 1994 - January 1996, Audit Manager, Maintenance Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. January 1996 - June 1997, Chief of Staff, Acquisition & Logistics Audits Directorate, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. June 1997 - July 2000, Auditor, European Area Audit Office, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
6. July 2000 - September 2001, Team Chief, European Area Audit Office, RAF Lakenheath, UK
7. September 2001 - August 2004, Team Chief, Gulf Coast Area Audit Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. August 2004 - June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2005 - January 2006, Program Manager, Contracting Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. January 2006 - November 2010, Program Manager, Supply Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. November 2010 - November 2012, Region Chief, Acquisition & Logistics Audits Directorate, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. November 2012 - February 2015, Associate Director, Supply Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. February 2015 - present, Deputy Assistant Auditor General, Acquisition, Logistics & Financial Audits Directorate, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
2007 Air Force Audit Agency Centrally Directed Audit Project Team of the Year
2008 American Society of Military Comptrollers Team Award
2008 Air Force Audit Agency Centrally Directed Audit Project Team of the Year
2010 Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism
2011 Air Force Audit Agency Jackie R. Crawford Teamwork Award
2013 Air Force Audit Agency Jerome H. Stolarow Award for Excellence in Auditing
2014 American Society of Military Comptrollers Distinguished Award, Auditing Category
2015 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2015 Air Force Audit Agency Military Auditors General Leadership Award
2017 Air Force Audit Agency Wingman of the Year
2019 Special Act or Service Award
2019 Special Act or Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Society of Military Comptrollers
2005 Certified Defense Financial Manager
2011 DoD Certified Logistics Auditor Level III
2015 Financial Management Level III Certification
2016 Lean Six Sigma Certified Green Belt
(Current as of May 2020)