Anna Marie Morris, a member of the Senior Executive Service, serves as the Director of Contracting, Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. Ms. Morris leads a 500-person mission focused contracting workforce and provides the necessary resources and environment to deliver innovative and agile solutions to the warfighter. While overseeing more than $4 billion in annual contract obligations, she supports multiple program executive officers on more than 300 programs.
Ms. Morris was commissioned in 1990 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Florida. During her career, she garnered a broad range of experience with numerous assignments and commands at the squadron, wing, product center, and major command level across the Air Force. Prior to this assignment she served as the Deputy Director of Contracting at the Air Force Sustainment Center, Robins AFB, Georgia.
While active duty, Ms. Morris deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom to the Joint Contracting Command Iraq/Afghanistan. Additionally, she served as the first Defense Contract Management Agency Pacific Commander in Singapore where she led the contract administration services for the F-35 and F135 Final Assembly and Checkout facilities as well as the first F-16 maintenance hub in Taichung, Taiwan. Ms. Morris holds an unlimited contracting warrant and DAWIA Level III certification.
Ms. Morris retired from active duty as a colonel in June 2021 and entered the Senior Executive Service in January 2022.
1990 Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of Florida, Gainesville
1994 Master of Science, Business Organizational Management, University of LaVerne, LaVerne, Calif.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Education with Industry, Air Force Institute of Technology, Honeywell, Inc., St. Petersburg, Fla.
2002 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Arts, Military Operational Arts, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Joint Humanitarian Operations Course, U.S. Agency International Development, Arlington, Va.
1. May 1991–June 1992, Executive Officer/Adjutant, Eielson Air Force Base, Ala.
2. June 1992–June 1993, Squadron Section Commander, Eielson AFB, Ala.
3. June 1993–June 1994, Wing Protocol Officer, Eielson AFB, Ala.
4. July 1994–May 1997, Regional Director of Admissions, Det 790, Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tenn.
5. May 1997–June 1998, Contracting Management, Education with Industry, Honeywell, Inc., St. Petersburg, Fla.
6. June 1998–June 1999, F-16 Engine Contracts Manager, Propulsion Development System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. June 1999–May 2000, F-16 Contracts Manager, F-16 System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. May 2000–February 2001, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. February 2001–July 2002, Program Manager, Commander’s Program Execution Group, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. July 2002–June 2003, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2003–August 2004, Deputy Chief, Operational Contracting Division, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. August 2004–July 2005, Contracting Staff Officer, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. July 2005–July 2006, Senior Executive Officer to the Director, Directorate of Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters AMC, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. July 2006–March 2009, Commander, 305th Contracting Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
15. March 2009–July 2009, Commander, 87th Contracting Squadron, Joint Base McGuire-Dix- Lakehurst, N.J.
16. July 2009–January 2010, Deputy Commander, 437th Mission Support Group, Charleston AFB, S.C.
17. January 2010–July 2011, Deputy Commander, 628th Mission Support Group, JB Charleston, S.C.
18. July 2011–July 2014, Director of Plans and Policy, Joint Contingency Acquisition Support Office, Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
19. July 2014–July 2016, *Commander (*First Pacific Commander in Singapore), Defense Contract Management Agency-Pacific, Sembawang, Singapore
20. July 2016–February 2017, Deputy Director of Contracting, Air Force Sustainment Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
21. February 2017–November 2018, Acting Director of Contracting, Air Force Sustainment Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
22. November 2018–June 2021, Deputy Director of Contracting, Air Force Sustainment Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
23. June 2021–Retired from Active Duty
24. January 2022–present, Director of Contracting, Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
Certified Acquisition Professional
Contracting Level III
Program Management Level I
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
2006 Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, Headquarters Air Mobility Command/A7
2004 General Benjamin O. Davis, Jr. Leadership Award, Tinker Air Force Base
2000 Distinguished Equal Employment Opportunity Award, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command
(Current as of April 2022)