Brig. Gen. Maureen G. Banavige is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The organization is the single center responsible for the total life cycle management of all aircraft, engines, munitions and electronic systems.
Prior to assuming her current position, General Banavige served as the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
General Banavige was commissioned in 1991 through the Air Force ROTC program at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts. She served on active-duty in various logistics roles at the field and program office levels, overseas and stateside, before she joined the Air Force Reserve in 1996. She is a career logistics and maintenance officer who has been assigned to a variety of roles holding positions at the squadron, group, depot and major command level. Additionally, she is a Level II, joint qualified officer.
1991 Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Mass.
1992 Transportation Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1994 Master of Business Administration degree, Boston University, Boston
1994 Logistics Plans Officers Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1999 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2008 Master of Science degree in National Resource Strategy with special concentration in supply chain management, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 AFSO21 Executive Leaders Course, University of Tennessee
2014 Center for Creative Leadership, Leadership Development Program, Greenville, N.C.
2015 National and International Security Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2016 LOGTECH Program for Executives in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. August 1992 - January 1994, Transportation Officer, 36th Transportation Squadron, Bitburg Air Base, Germany
2. January 1994 - July 1994, Integrated Logistics Support Manager, Navy programs, Joint Tactical Information, Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. July 1994 - June 1995, Chief of Software Maintenance, Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. June 1995 - August 1996, Chief of Resource Management, Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
5. August 1996 - April 1999, Transportation Officer, 934th Logistics Support Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn.
6. April 1999 - December 2000, Commander, 934th Logistics Support Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ARS, Minn.
7. December 2000 - December 2003, Deputy Commander, 934th Maintenance Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ARS, Minn.
8. December 2003 - June 2007, Commander, 934th Maintenance Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ARS, Minn.
9. December 2005 - June 2006, Program Manager, Iraqi Air Force Mobility Programs (C-130 and helicopter platforms), Multinational Security Transition Command-Iraq/Coalition Air Force Transition Team, Baghdad
10. August 2007 - June 2008, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Leslie McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. August 2008 - February 2011, IMA to the Chief, Logistics Operations Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. February 2011 - December 2012, Commander, 459th Maintenance Group, JB Andrews, Md.
13. January 2013 - April 2015, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. April 2015 - October 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Combat Command, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
15. October 2017 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 18, 1991
First Lieutenant Nov. 25, 1993
Captain Nov. 25, 1995
Major June 2, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 2004
Colonel Aug. 15, 2008
Brigadier General March 26, 2015
(Current as of September 2017)