Brig. Gen. Maureen G. Banavige is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. The Commander leads 43,000 Total Force U.S. and U.K. Airmen across three air logistics complexes, three air base wings, and two supply chain wings, operating from a global network of 26 locations.
Prior to assuming her current position, General Banavige served as the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center.
General Banavige was commissioned in 1991 through the Air Force ROTC program at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts. She served on active-duty in various logistics roles at the field and program office levels, overseas and stateside, before she joined the Air Force Reserve in 1996. She is a career logistics and maintenance officer who has been assigned to a variety of roles holding positions at the squadron, group, depot and major command level. Additionally, the general is a Level II, joint qualified officer.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Mass.
1992 Transportation Officer Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1994 Master of Business Administration, Boston University, Boston, Mass.
1994 Logistics Plans Officers Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2008 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy with special concentration in supply chain management, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2016 LOGTECH Program for Executives in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2017 CAPSTONE, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. August 1992 - January 1994, Transportation Officer, 36th Transportation Squadron, Bitburg Air Base, Germany
2. January 1994 - July 1994, Integrated Logistics Support Manager, Navy programs, Joint Tactical Information, Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
3. July 1994 - June 1995, Chief of Software Maintenance, Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. June 1995 - August 1996, Chief of Resource Management, Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
5. August 1996 - April 1999, Transportation Officer, 934th Logistics Support Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Air Reserve Station, Minn.
6. April 1999 - December 2000, Commander, 934th LSS, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ARS, Minn.
7. December 2000 - December 2003, Deputy Commander, 934th Maintenance Group, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ARS, Minn.
8. December 2003 - June 2007, Commander, 934th Maintenance Squadron, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ARS, Minn.
9. December 2005 - June 2006, Program Manager, Iraqi Air Force Mobility Programs (C-130 and helicopter platforms), Multinational Security Transition Command-Iraq/Coalition Air Force Transition Team, Baghdad, Iraq
10. August 2007 - June 2008, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Leslie McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. August 2008 - February 2011, Individual Mobilization Augmentee Individual Mobilization Augmenteeto the Chief, Logistics Operations Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
12. February 2011 - December 2012, Commander, 459th MXG, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
13. January 2013 - April 2015, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. April 2015 - October 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Air Combat Command, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
15. October 2017 – August 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
16. October 2017 – present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 18, 1991
First Lieutenant Nov. 25, 1993
Captain Nov. 25, 1995
Major June 2, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 2004
Colonel Aug. 15, 2008
Brigadier General March 26, 2015
(Current as of October 2018)