Brig. Gen. Cedric D. George is the Deputy Director of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for the planning, programming and budgeting of weapons systems sustainment, equipment, and logistics and installations resource requirements. As part of the Air Force corporate structure, he monitors performance of operations and maintenance, working capital funds and investment programs; participates in program and financial review groups; and advocates for financial adjustments to optimize force readiness. He oversees preparation and defense of these Air Force programs to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Office of Management and Budget, and Congress.
He also directs planning, development and implementation of innovative logistics concepts and initiatives across the full spectrum of the Air Force logistics enterprise to enable the evolving expeditionary air and space force. He is responsible for developing architectures and providing management and oversight across the full range of a diverse logistics information technology enterprise.
General George is a 1987 graduate of the ROTC program at Norwich University. He is a fully qualified maintenance officer and has held key maintenance leadership positions at the wing, major command, and Air Staff levels. His commands include 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 35th Maintenance Group, 11th Wing, 76th Maintenance Wing. He is also a Level III senior acquisition professional with a wide array of leadership experiences in Air Force and joint programs. Prior to his current position, he was Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia.
1987 Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.
1990 Master of Science in Management, Troy State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Montgomery, Ala.
2004 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Master of National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of Armed Forces , Washington, D.C.
2006 DOD Senior Acquisition Course, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Washington, D.C.
2008 Level II (Black Belt) Training/Certification, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2009 Executive Leadership Course, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2010 Senior Executive Fellow, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. January 1988 - March 1990, project engineer, Joint STARS Radar Division, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. March 1990 - September 1991, Deputy Director of Protocol, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. September 1991 - July 1992, Program Manager, European Intelligence Centers, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. July 1993 - March 1995, Flight Commander/Munitions and Fabrication Flight, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. March 1995 - January 1996, Squadron Maintenance Officer, Holloman AFB, N.M.
6. January 1996 - October 1998, Chief, Acquisition Branch/F-22 Award Fee Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. June 1998 - October 1998, Chief, Logistics Operations Division, Incirlik AB, Turkey
8. November 1998 - July 1999, Special Assistant to the Commander, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. August 1999 - June 2000, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, AL.
10. June 2000 - December 2001, Chief, Global Power Requirements Integration Division, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. December 2001 - April 2003, Branch Chief, Joint Strike Fighter, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. April 2003 - August 2003, Deputy Chief, Air Superiority Division, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. August 2003 - August 2005, Commander, 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
14. August 2005 - June 2006, Student, Industrial College of Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 35th Maintenance Group, Misawa AB, Japan
16. July 2008 - November 2009, Director, Pacific Air Forces Air Force Smart Operations 21, Hickam AFB, Hawaii.
17. December 2009 - September 2010, Commander, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
18. October 2010 - April 2011, Special Assistant to the Vice Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
19. April 2011 - July 2012, Commander, 76th Maintenance Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
20. July 2012 - August 2014, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB, GA.
22. August 2014 - present, Deputy Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon, Long
Air Force Longevity Service with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon
2014 U.S. Air Force Stars and Stripes Black Engineer of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1987
First Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1989
Captain Sept. 19, 1991
Major April 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel March 1, 2006
Brigadier General July 13, 2012
(Current as of June 2015)