3/30/2007 - WASHINGTON (AFNEWS) -- The Government Accounting Office informed Air Force officials March 30 that all other protest issues surrounding the CSAR-X contract award have been denied. In a March 29 decision, the GAO denied all of the additional arguments raised by Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin Systems Integration, "finding that none furnished an additional basis for sustaining the protests."
"This is good news for the Air Force," said Brig. Gen. Michelle Johnson, Air Force spokesperson. "It allows us to focus on the GAO's Feb. 26 recommendation and move forward with our No. 2 acquisition priority."
The new combat search and rescue helicopter will replace the Air Force's aging inventory of HH-60G Pavehawk helicopters.
Air Force officials have previously clarified their intent to comply with the GAO's recommendation by amending the CSAR-X request for proposal. The Air Force will update the request for proposal with respect to the evaluation of operations and support costs, reopen discussions with offerors, and request revised proposals.
If the evaluation of the revised proposals results in a change to the CSAR-X best value source selection, the Air Force will make any necessary changes in the contract award decision.
"The Air Force remains committed to a fair, open and transparent process while working to resolve this protest," said Sue Payton, an Air Force Service Acquisition executive.