Retiring effective July 4, 2009.
Brenda L. Romine, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Executive Director, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. The center provides worldwide logistics management, engineering, supply, contracting and depot maintenance for a wide variety of aircraft and weapon systems. The center provides worldwide logistics support for C-130 and C-5 transport aircraft, F-15 fighters, U-2 reconnaissance aircraft as well as support for remotely piloted vehicles, Air Force helicopters, air-to-air missiles, surface motor vehicles and high-technology airborne electronics, and electronic warfare requirements. Other responsibilities include comprehensive logistics support and sustainment of the E-8C Joint STARS weapon system through a total-system support responsibility and contractor logistics support depot partnering relationship. The center is the largest industrial complex in the state of Georgia.
Ms. Romine began her Air Force career in 1979 as a clerk typist before entering a training program with the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center. In 1985, she transferred to Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, on a maintenance rotational assignment. While at Wright-Patterson AFB, she was the lead posture planner for the Warner Robins ALC and the San Antonio ALC. Ms. Romine transferred to the San Antonio ALC in 1988 and held numerous supervisory positions in the directorates of maintenance, comptroller, aircraft and propulsion. In 1995, she assumed the position of B-2 Deputy System Support Manager, later moving to the Comptroller Directorate where she served as Chief of the Plans and Programs Division. In 1997, Ms. Romine became the OC-ALC Director of Plans and Programs.
Ms. Romine was selected to the Defense Leadership and Management Program in 1998. Two years later, she transferred to the Pentagon. After completing a one-year DLAMP rotational assignment with the Directorate of Programs, Global Mobility Division at Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Ms. Romine became the division's Technical Director. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2001. Since then she been Chief of the Aircraft and Missile Support Division in the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics on the Air Staff, and the Deputy Director of Logistics for Air Mobility Command. Prior to her current assignment, she was Director of the 542nd Combat Sustainment Wing, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center.
1976 Bachelor of Arts degree in English, East Central University, Ada, Okla.
1993 Master of Public Administration degree, University of Texas at San Antonio
1999 Center for Defense Leadership and Management Program, Washington, D.C.
1. 1979 - 1980, clerk typist, Civil Engineering Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. 1980 - 1985, program analyst, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. 1985 - 1988, maintenance specialist, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. 1988 - 1991, Chief, Long-Range Workloading and Posture Planning Section; Chief, Human Resources Branch; Chief, Workload and Posture Plans Branch; and Chief, Aircraft Workloading and Budget Branch, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
5. 1991 - 1993, Chief, Depot Maintenance Workloading and Budgeting Branch, Comptroller Directorate, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
6. 1993 - 1995, Chief, Engine Workloading and Budgeting, and Chief, Program Control, Directorate of Propulsion, San Antonio ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
7. 1995 - 1996, B-2 Deputy System Support Manager, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. 1996 - 1997, Chief, Plans and Programs, Comptroller Directorate, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. 1997 - 2000, Director, Plans and Programs, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. 2000 - 2001, Technical Director, Global Mobility Division, Directorate of Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. 2002 - 2004, Chief, Aircraft and Missile Support Division, Directorate of Resources, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. 2004 - 2007, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
13. 2007 - 2008, Director, 542nd Combat Sustainment Wing, Warner Robins ALC, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. 2008 - present, Executive Director, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Distinguished student, Center for Defense Leadership and Management Program, Class 99-1
Distinguished student, Department of Public Administration, UTSA
2004 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2007 Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Former panel chair, Air Force Board for the Correction of Military Records
Lifetime member, Kelly Heritage Foundation
Logistics Officer Association
Life Cycle Management Logistics, Level III
Program Management, Level II
(Current as of September 2008)