Died November 01,2016
Brig. Gen. Rosanne Bailey is Commander, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station, Colo. General Bailey is responsible for executing the North American Aerospace Defense Command's integrated tactical warning and attack assessment mission, the U.S. Northern Command's homeland defense mission, and U.S. Strategic Command's space and missile warning support.
General Bailey earned a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from Purdue University in 1973. Commissioned a second lieutenant through Officer Training School in 1977, her early assignments include program analyst for the Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, systems officer for Air Force Systems Command, and program manager for the F/FB/EF-111 digital flight control system. In 1988, she won two research awards at Air Command and Staff College, from which she was a distinguished graduate.
General Bailey has served as acquisition adviser to the Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, and Commander of the 354th Logistics Group at Eielson AFB, Alaska. She has also served as Armament Product Group Manager and Detachment 5 Commander for the Aeronautical Systems Center at Eglin AFB, Fla., and Director of the Aeronautical Enterprise Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. Prior to her current assignment, she was Commander, 435th Air Base Wing, Ramstein Air Base, and Commander, Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree in economics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
1980 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1984 Distinguished graduate, Master of Science degree in engineering management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1988 Distinguished graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 1993 Distinguished graduate, Senior Acquisition Course and Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2000 National Security Management Course, Syracuse University, N.Y.
1. October 1977 - October 1978, Chief of Customer Support, Supply Division, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. October 1978 - July 1980, program analyst, Joint Tactical Information Distribution System, Joint Program Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. September 1980 - May 1983, systems officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Systems, and executive officer to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Air Force Systems Command, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. May 1983 - October 1984, graduate student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
5. October 1984 - July 1987, Program Manager, F/FB/EF-111 Digital Flight Control System, Aeronautical Systems Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. August 1987 - June 1988, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 1988 - August 1989, Chief, Acquisition Streamlining and Standardization, and Acquisition Policy and Congressional Affairs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C.
8. August 1989 - August 1992, acquisition adviser, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. August 1992 - July 1993, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. July 1993 - December 1994, Director of Commodities, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
11. December 1994 - June 1996, Chief, Lean Logistics Program, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. June 1996 - July 1998, Commander, 354th Logistics Group, Eielson AFB, Alaska
13. August 1998 - September 1998, Manager, Armament Product Group and Commander, Detachment 5, Aeronautical Systems Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
14. October 1998 - July 2001, Manager, Armament Product Group, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
15. August 2001 - January 2002, Director, Aging Aircraft Systems Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. January 2002 - January 2004, Director, Aeronautical Enterprise Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. January 2004 - July 2005, Commander, 435th Air Base Wing, Ramstein Air Base, and Commander, Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany
18. July 2005 - present, Commander, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Dudley C. Sharp Logistics Award
Major General Frederick J. Dau Award for best product group management in AFMC
Distinguished graduate, Defense Systems Management College
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 8, 1977
First Lieutenant Aug. 8, 1979
Captain Aug. 8, 1981
Major May 1, 1986
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 1989
Colonel Jan. 1, 1993
Brigadier General Jan. 1, 2002
(Current as of September 2006)