Sharon B. Seymour, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Associate Director, National Security Personnel System Program Office, Directorate of Personnel Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this capacity, she assists the Director and Deputy Director by integrating the development of policy and procedures within the Air Force for the design and implementation of the National Security Personnel System with legacy civilian personnel policies in major functional areas, to include labor relations, employee relations, position classification and staffing.
Ms. Seymour began her career at Homestead Air Force Base, Fla., where she was a social services representative at the base hospital. After entering the civilian personnel career field several years later, she has held a variety of progressively responsible positions at all levels of the Air Force. She has served as Civilian Personnel Officer at Ramstein Air Base, Chief of the Civilian Personnel Division at Headquarters Air Combat Command, and Deputy Director of the Air Force Senior Leader Management Office. She has also served as an agency-level Director of Personnel with the National Labor Relations Board. Ms. Seymour was appointed to her current position October 2004.
1971 Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Va.
1979 Master of Public Administration degree, Florida International University, Miami
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2003 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2004 Defense Leadership and Management Program
1. March 1972 - April 1978, social services representative, U.S. Air Force Hospital, Homestead AFB, Fla.
2. April 1978 - June 1982, position classification specialist, Civilian Personnel Office, Homestead AFB, Fla.
3. June 1982 - July 1984, personnel programs inspector, Air Force Inspection and Safety Center, Norton AFB, Calif.
4. July 1984 - January 1987, Chief of Classification and Position Management, Civilian Personnel Office, Langley AFB, Va.
5. January 1987 - April 1989, Chief of Affirmative Employment, Civilian Personnel Office, Langley AFB, Va.
6. April 1989 - September 1990, Chief, Personnel Management Division, Civilian Personnel Directorate, Headquarters Military Airlift Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. September 1990 - January 1993, Chief, Plans and Resources Branch, Civilian Personnel Directorate, Air Force District of Washington, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. January 1993 - May 1994, Deputy Director, Civilian Personnel, AFDW, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. May 1994 - April 1999, Civilian Personnel Officer, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
10. April 1999 - October 1999, Chief, External Staffing Policy, Civilian Policy Division, Directorate of Personnel Force Management, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
11. October 1999 - June 2000, Director of Personnel, National Labor Relations Board, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2000 - June 2002, Chief, Civilian Personnel Division, Directorate of Personnel, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
13. June 2002 - January 2004, Deputy Director, Air Force Senior Leader Management Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. January 2004 - October 2004, Associate Director, Personnel Policy, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. October 2004 - present, Associate Director, National Security Personnel System Program Office, Personnel Policy, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1985 Civilian of the Year, 1st Tactical Fighter Wing
1985 Intermediate Program Manager of the Year, Tactical Air Command
1994 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
1997 Civilian Personnel Officer of the Year, U.S. Air Forces in Europe
1999 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
(Current as of July 2005)