Mr. John J. Over, a member of the Senior Executive Service, Director of Transformation, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. Mr. Over plans, develops and implements innovative and transformative logistics concepts and initiatives across the full spectrum of the Air Force logistics enterprise to enable the evolving expeditionary air and space force. He develops architectures, and provides management and oversight across the full range of a diverse logistics information technology enterprise. He defines and integrates logistics management information systems requirements for the Global Combat Support System.
Mr. Over began his Air Force career in 1982 as a structural engineer in the C/KC-135 System Program Office at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. As the Air Force representative to the Joint Technical Coordinating Group on Aircraft Survivability, he managed tri-service aircraft survivability research and development programs for the Office of Secretary of Defense and Joint Aeronautical Commanders Group. While assigned to Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, he developed command-wide systems engineering policy and guidance.
He returned to the Oklahoma City ALC as Chief of the System Engineering Division, and later Chief Engineer for the C/KC-135 System Program Office. He subsequently served as the center's Director of Propulsion and Director of the 448th Combat Sustainment Wing. Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Over was Executive Director of the Oklahoma City ALC. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2003.
1981 Bachelor of Science degree in aerospace and mechanical engineering, Oklahoma State University
1997 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2001 Master of Arts degree in management, Webster University
1. January 1982 - March 1986, Aerospace Engineer, C/KC-135 System Program Office, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. March 1986 - March 1990, Chief, Engineering Section, C/KC-135 SPO, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. March 1990 - December 1992, Survivability and Vulnerability Engineer, Joint Technical Coordinating Group on Aircraft Survivability, Joint Aeronautical Commanders Group, Alexandria, Va.
4. December 1992 - March 1994, Director, Central Office, Joint Technical Coordinating Group on Aircraft Survivability, Joint Aeronautical Commanders Group, Alexandria, Va.
5. March 1994 - August 1996, Systems Integration Engineer, Directorate of Engineering, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. August 1996 - March 2001, Chief, Systems Engineering Division, C/KC-135 SPO, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. March 2001 - July 2003, Chief Engineer, C/KC-135 SPO, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. July 2003 - August 2005, Director of Engineering, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. August 2005 - May 2006, Director of Propulsion, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. May 2006 - July 2007, Director, 448th Combat Sustainment Wing, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
11. July 2007 - December 2010, Executive Director, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. December 2010 - November 2011, Director, Iraqi Security Forces Strategic Logistics Office, U.S. Forces-Iraq, Deputy Commanding General (Advising and Training), U.S. Central Command, Baghdad, Iraq
13. November 2011 - present, Director of Transformation, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1994, 1996, 2010 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
1999 Air Force Materiel Command Outstanding Chief Engineer Award
2000 Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2009 Meritorious Presidential Rank Award
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level III
Management, Level III
Acquisition Logistics, Level I
(Current as of January 2012)