David M. Rothery, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director for Advanced Computational Analysis at Aeronautical Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is responsible for delivering leading edge modeling and simulation services across the Department of Defense. Rothery is also the Director of the Defense Department's Major Shared Resource Center at ASC, and manager of the center's Simulation and Analysis Facility.
Mr. Rothery worked extensively in foreign military sales programs with the air forces of Australia, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Norway, Venezuela, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Switzerland and Turkey. His military experience includes ground radio maintenance and operations, technical control operations, communications-computer systems engineering, operations and maintenance. After 26 years of military service, which included enlisted duty, he retired from the Air Force Reserve in the rank of major.
Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Rothery was the Director of Information Technology for ASC. As the center's chief information officer, he was responsible for managing strategic planning and investment activities for information technology. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2000.
1972 Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering, Wright State University
1973 Academy of Military Science, Alcoa, Tenn.
1975 Communications-Electronics Engineering Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1976 Tactical Engineering Course, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1978 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1979 Principles of Electronic Warfare, Georgia Institute of Technology
1983 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1989 Technical Manager's Advanced Workshop, Defense Systems Management College
1993 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College
1995 Executive Development Course, Carnegie-Mellon University
1996 Executive Refresher Course, Defense Systems Management College
1998 Scope Eagle, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2000 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.
2000 Master of Science degree in national resource strategy, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2002 Senior Information Warfare Applications Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Senior Executive Service Air and Space Seminar, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1972 - June 1974, outside plant engineer, General Telephone and Electronics, Brookville, Ohio
2. June 1974 - February 1979, logistics and engineering officer, 251st Combat Communications Group, Springfield Air National Guard Base, Ohio
3. February 1979 - December 1986, development engineer of radar warning receivers, later, engineering chief for international logistics, Electronic Warfare Management Division, Robins AFB, Ga.
4. December 1986 - September 1987, special projects manager, Electronic Warfare Management Division, Robins AFB, Ga.
5. September 1987 - April 1990, Deputy Director, R&M and Technology Policy, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. April 1990 - April 1991, Deputy Director of Engineering, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. April 1991 - January 1993, Director of Systems Engineering, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. January 1993 - July 1994, Chief Engineer, Product Management Mission Element, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. July 1994 - July 1996, Chief, Resource Division, Directorate of Engineering and Technical Management, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. July 1996 - May 1997, Deputy Director, Directorate of Engineering and Technical Management, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. May 1997 - October 1997, Chief, Resource Division, Directorate of Engineering and Technical Management, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. October 1997 - February 2000, Technical Director, Directorate of Communications and Information, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. February 2000 - August 2000, Deputy Director, Directorate of Information Technology, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. August 2000 - March 2003, Director of Information Technology, ASC, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. March 2003 - present, Director of Advanced Computational Analysis, ASC, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Humanitarian Service Medal
Ohio Special Service Medal, Xenia Tornado
Ohio Special Service Medal, Blizzard of 1978
International Logistics Supervisor of the Year, Air Force Logistics Command
Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Information Technology, Level II
Program Management, Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, and Acquisition Logistics, Level III
(Current as of October 2003)