Margaret Leclaire, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Acquisition, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. She is the USTRANSCOM acquisition executive and senior procurement executive. Her responsibilities include oversight of the program management and acquisition of $6 billion annual spend of distribution and transportation services for global movement in support of the warfighter.
Mrs. Leclaire entered federal civil service in 1975 as a management intern with the San Antonio Air Logistics Center. She has served in a number of key positions in the acquisition and logistics functions that span the wide range of Air Force line and staff positions. These include Program Director for the Advanced Cruise Missile, and Deputy Program Director for the C-17. She has also been the Director of Program Management at the Aeronautical Systems Center. She previously served at USTRANSCOM as Deputy Director for Strategy, Policy, Plans and Logistics. Prior to her current assignment, she was Program Executive Officer, Mobility, U.S. Special Operations Command.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
1980 Master of Business Administration degree, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
1981 Institute for Women Executives, University of Alabama
1983 Program Managers Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1989 Program for Senior Executive Fellows, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
1997 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2000 National Security Leadership Course, Johns Hopkins and Syracuse Universities
1. January 1975 - January 1977, management intern, materiel management, San Antonio Air Logistics Center, Kelly AFB, Texas
2. February 1977 - November 1980, logistics manager, communications-electronics embedded computer systems, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. November 1980 - October 1983, acquisition logistics manager, automatic test equipment, Air Force Systems Command, Andrews AFB, Md.
4. October 1983 - August 1986, manager, Air Force modifications, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
5. August 1986 - October 1986, acquisition logistics manager, technical data and provisioning, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
6. October 1986 - September 1990, logistics adviser to the Air Force competition advocate general, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. September 1990 - April 1991, Director, Integrated Logistics Support Management, Acquisition Logistics Division, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. April 1991 - November 1991, Director, Computer Systems, Acquisition Logistics Division, Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. November 1991 - June 1993, Deputy Program Director, Air Force Acquisition Model Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. June 1993 - September 1995, Deputy Program Director, later, Program Director, Advanced Cruise Missile System Program Office, ASC, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. September 1995 - February 1996, Assistant Director, Acquisition Logistics, ASC, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. February 1996 - July 1998, Deputy Program Director, C-17 System Program Office, ASC, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. July 1998 - August 1999, Deputy Director, Global Combat Support System, Directorate of Plans and Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. September 1999 - July 2003, Director of Systems Management, ASC, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. July 2003 - February 2005, Deputy Director, Plans and Programs, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. February 2005 - January 2008, Deputy Director, Strategy and Policy, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
17. January 2008 - August 2008, Program Executive Officer, Mobility, USSOCOM, MacDill AFB, Tampa, Fla.
18. September 2008 - present, Director, Acquisition, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1991 and 1993 Certificate of Commendation
1992 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Program Management and Acquisition Logistics, Level III Professional Logistician
(Current as of August 2009)