Ms. Bonnie Taylor, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of Contracting, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. Ms. Taylor establishes policy, develops processes, provides guidance and grants contracting approvals for all phases of contracting for B-1, B-2, B-52, KC-10, KC-135, E-3, E-4 and other aircraft; advanced and air-launched cruise missiles; 56 jet engine models; accessories and flight instruments. She oversees execution of the award of 17,000 contracts annually valued in excess of $5 billion for spares, modifications, overhaul, base support and contract logistics support for the above systems, and provides force development and functional management for 494 military and civilian personnel in staff and wing organizations.
Ms. Taylor has worked for the government in a variety of contracting positions, beginning as a contract specialist with the Defense Electronics Supply Center in 1979, and transferring to the Aeronautical Systems Center in 1983. She was appointed as a contracting officer in 1986 and subsequently was involved in the Maverick Missile Program, Advanced Cruise Missile Program and F-16 Program. In 1998, Ms. Taylor was assigned as Technical Adviser for the Contracting Policy Division at Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
Prior to her current assignment, Ms. Taylor was Director of Contracting for the Electronic Systems Center at Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass., overseeing the award of more than $2 billion in contracts annually.
1971 Bachelor of Arts degree in speech education, State University of New York, Buffalo
1988 Master's degree in administration, Central Michigan University
1997 Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1. 1979 - 1983, contract specialist, Defense Electronics Supply Center, Defense Logistics Agency, Dayton, Ohio
2. 1983 - 1985, contract negotiator, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. 1985 - 1988, contracting officer, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. 1988 - 1993, procurement analyst, Contract Review and Policy Division, Wright Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. 1993 - 1993, Chief, Special Projects Contracting Division, Wright Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. 1993 - 1997, procurement analyst and team coordinator, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. 1997 - 1998, Deputy Chief, Pre-Award Support Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 1998 - 2002, Technical Adviser, Contracting Policy Division, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2002 - 2004, Director of Contracting, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
10. 2004 - present, Director of Contracting, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1981-1983, 1986-1988, 1990-1993, 1995-2001 Superior performance awards
1985 Air Force Value Engineering Award
1988 Secretary of the Air Force Professionalism in Contracting Award, ASC
1989 and 1990 Outstanding Contract Review Committee Member, ASC
1995 Total Quality Contracting Employee of the Year, AFMC
1996 Outstanding Contracting Staff Officer Award, AFMC
Professional Contracts Manager
Contracting, Level III, APDP
Contracting and Major Weapon Systems Acquisition, Level III, APDP
(Current as of November 2007)