Harlan G. Wilder, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Chief, General Law Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for directing the division's functions and activities, and for providing advice and consultation to the Air Staff, major commands, field operating agencies and the judge advocate general on legal and policy matters affecting the Air Force and its people.
Mr. Wilder entered the Air Force and served as a judge advocate in wing, center and headquarters positions before retiring in the rank of colonel in 1995. He was appointed to the SES in 1995.
1968 Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, University of Maryland
1971 Juris Doctor degree, University of Washington
1981 Distinguished graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1984 Air War College, by seminar
1. 1972 - 1975, judge advocate, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. 1975 - 1980, judge advocate, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
3. 1980 - 1981, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. 1981 - 1983, Staff Judge Advocate, 416th Bomb Wing, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
5. 1984 - 1987, Deputy Commandant, Air Force Judge Advocate General School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. 1987 - 1990, judge advocate, General Law Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. 1990 - 1991, Deputy Chief of Civil Law, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. 1991 - 1994, Staff Judge Advocate, Air Force Weapons and Tactics Center, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. 1994 - 1995, Chief, General Litigation Division, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Rosslyn, Va.
10. 1995 - present, Chief, General Law Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
Washington State Bar Association
Alaska State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
Inns of Court
2001 Presidential Meritorious Executive Rank Award
(Current as of November 2001)