Steven A. Shaw, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy General Counsel for Contractor Responsibility, Office of the Air Force General Counsel, Washington, D.C. Mr. Shaw is the Air Force debarment and suspension official. He also manages the Air Force's Coordination of Fraud Remedies Program.
Mr. Shaw received his law degree from the Washington College of Law, American University. He has served in private law firms in Washington, D.C., and Texas; was an assistant state's attorney for Montgomery County, Md.; and Chief, Criminal Division, Office of the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Texas. Mr. Shaw has also been Deputy Director of the Enforcement Division for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and senior trial attorney for the Public Integrity Section, U.S. Department of Justice, where he prosecuted political corruption cases.
Prior to his current appointment, Mr. Shaw was a partner in a national law firm. He has engaged in a diverse litigation practice, specializing in civil fraud and white-collar criminal litigation.
1969 Bachelor of Arts degree in government, Franklin and Marshall College
1973 Juris Doctor degree, Washington College of Law, American University
1. 1973 - 1977, assistant state's attorney, Montgomery County, Md.
2. 1977 - 1979, associate, Grossberg, Yochelson, Fox & Beyda, Washington, D.C.
3. 1979 - 1982, Deputy Director, Enforcement Division, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Washington, D.C.
4. 1982 - 1985, senior trial attorney, Public Integrity Section, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
5. 1985 - 1987, Chief, Criminal Division, Office of the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Texas, Houston, Texas
6. 1987 - 1991, partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, Houston, Texas
7. 1991 - 1996, partner, Howrey & Simon, Washington, D.C.
8. 1996 - present, Deputy General Counsel for Contractor Responsibility, Office of the Air Force General Counsel, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1982 and 1983 U.S. Department of Justice Special Achievement Award
1984 Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation Commendation
1984 Attorney General's Special Commendation
2000 Exceptional Civilian Service Medal, Secretary of the Air Force
2002 Exemplary Civilian Service Medal
1977 District of Columbia
1989 New York
(Current as of October 2008)