John T. Manclark, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of Test and Evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for all policy, resources and oversight of developmental and operational testing, and is the focal point for foreign materiel acquisition and exploitation.
Mr. Manclark entered the Air Force and was commissioned in 1969 through Officer Training School at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. He completed undergraduate pilot training in 1970 and numerous tours in tactical aviation as a flight commander and operations officer. Mr. Manclark later served as Commander of the 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron. He completed two staff tours, first as Chief of Aircrew Assignments at Headquarters Tactical Air Command, and later as Chief of the Policy and Programs Division within the Directorate of Test and Evaluation at Air Force headquarters. Mr. Manclark retired from active duty as a colonel in 1994 and entered the Senior Executive Service in 1995.
1968 Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, University of Dayton, Ohio
1976 Master of Science degree in management, Troy State University
1982 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1989 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. April 1969 - April 1970, student, undergraduate pilot training, Randolph AFB, Texas
2. April 1970 - October 1970, student, T-38 instructor training, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. October 1970 - August 1973, T-38 instructor pilot, 3500th Flying Training Squadron, Reese AFB, Texas
4. August 1973 - January 1974, student, F-4 Replacement Training Unit, George AFB, Calif.
5. January 1974 - June 1974, F-4 pilot, 435th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Ubon Royal Thai AFB, Thailand
6. June 1974 - January 1975, F-4 instructor pilot, 4th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Udorn Royal Thai AFB, Thailand
7. January 1975 - September 1978, flight commander, 313th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn Air Base, West Germany
8. September 1978 - January 1979, student, F-5E Aggressor training, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. January 1979 - January 1982, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 527th Aggressor Squadron, Royal Air Force Station Alconbury, England
10. January 1982 - June 1982, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
11. June 1982 - January 1985, Chief of Aircrew Assignments, Directorate of Personnel, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
12. January 1985 - November 1985, operations officer, 64th Aggressor Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
13. November 1985 - November 1987, Commander, Project Constant Peg, 4477th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
14. November 1987 - June 1988, Assistant Director for Operations, 57th Fighter Weapon Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
15. June 1988 - June 1989, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. June 1989 - May 1990, Chief, Warfighting Analysis Division, Directorate of Plans, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
17. May 1990 - January 1995, Chief, Operational Test and Evaluation Division, Directorate of Plans, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
18. January 1995 - January 1998, Deputy Director of Test and Evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. January 1998 - present, Director of Test and Evaluation, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
Flight hours: More than 3,500
Aircraft flown: T-38, F-4C/D/E, F-5E and MiG-21
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
International Test and Evaluation Association
(Current as of January 2011)