Died February 22,2008
Fredolin W. Kuhn, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for the management, policy and oversight of the $6 billion annual Air Force installation and facility programs. These include facility management, base closures, military construction, family housing, acquisition, maintenance, operation, repair and disposal of real property.
Mr. Kuhn entered the Air Force as a Judge Advocate in April 1968. Among his many assignments, he served as Staff Judge Advocate at the wing and numbered Air Force levels. He managed two divisions and served as Director of Civil Law while assigned to the Office of the Judge Advocate General at Air Force headquarters in Washington, D.C. Mr. Kuhn commanded the Air Force Legal Services Agency prior to retiring from active duty in 1992. His professional military education includes Squadron Officer School, Air Command and Staff College, Armed Forces Staff College, Air War College and the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
1964 Bachelor of Arts degree in finance, University of Notre Dame
1967 Juris Doctor degree, Georgetown Law Center
1. 1968 - 1970, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 12th Flying Training Wing, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
2. 1970 - 1974, Judge Advocate, Military Justice Division, and Counsel, Government Appellate Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Washington, D.C.
3. 1974 - 1978, Chief of Military Justice and Executive to the Staff Judge Advocate, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
4. 1978 - 1980, Staff Judge Advocate, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
5. 1980 - 1983, Staff Judge Advocate, Air Force Regional Engineer-MX, Norton Air Force Base, Calif.
6. 1983 - 1985, Staff Judge Advocate, 18th Combat Support Group, Kadena Air Base, Japan
7. 1985 - 1987, Staff Judge Advocate, 13th Air Force, Clark Air Base, Philippines
8. 1987 - 1989, Chief, Defense Services Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. 1989 - 1990, Chief, Environmental Law Division, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. 1990 - 1991, Director of Civil Law, Office of the Judge Advocate General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. 1991 - 1992, Commander, Air Force Legal Services Agency, Washington, D.C.
12. 1992 - 2000, Deputy General Counsel, Office of the Air Force General Counsel, Washington, D.C.
13. 2000 - 2001, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower, Reserve Affairs, Installations and Environment, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. 2001 - 2002, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. 2002 - present, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Stuart M. Reichart Award for Air Force's outstanding senior attorney
2000 Presidential Meritorious Executive Rank Award
2001 Exceptional Civilian Service Medal
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
(Current as of October 2007)