Lt. Gen. Raymond P. Huot is Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. He oversees Air Force inspection policy; criminal investigations; counterintelligence operations; complaints, and fraud, waste and abuse programs; intelligence oversight; and two field operating agencies -- the Air Force Inspection Agency and Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
The general entered the Air Force in 1967 as a distinguished graduate of the University of New Hampshire ROTC program. He commanded an F-16 squadron in Europe and an F-16 wing during operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. He is a command pilot with 3,000 hours in various fighter and attack aircraft, including the F-105, A-7D, A-10 and F-16. He has flown combat in the F-105 in Southeast Asia and in the F-16 during Operation Desert Storm.
1967 Bachelor of science degree in chemical engineering, University of New Hampshire
1975 Master of science degree in business administration, University of Northern Colorado
1987 Master of arts degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1989 Seminar XXI - International Relations, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1. June 1967 - June 1968, student, undergraduate pilot training, Reese AFB, Texas
2. June 1968 - March 1969, student, F-105 combat crew training, McConnell AFB, Kan.
3. March 1969 - July 1970, F-105 fighter pilot, 12th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
4. July 1970 - October 1970, F-105 fighter pilot, Takhli Royal Thai AFB, Thailand
5. October 1970 - April 1971, wing air operations staff officer, Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai AFB, Thailand
6. April 1971 - November 1972, A-7D fighter pilot, 357th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
7. November 1972 - January 1974, A-7D instructor pilot, 333rd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. January 1974 - May 1974, student, USAF Fighter Weapons Instructor Course, 65th Fighter Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
9. May 1974 - May 1975, tactics officer, 355th Tactical Fighter Wing, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. May 1975 - September 1975, A-7D flight commander, 333rd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
11. September 1975 - April 1978, operations officer, 355th Tactical Training Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
12. April 1978 - March 1982, Chief, All-Weather Attack Branch, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
13. March 1982 - June 1982, student, F-16 transition, 62nd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. June 1982 - June 1983, operations officer, 313th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn Air Base, West Germany
15. June 1983 - January 1986, operations officer, later, commander, 496th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Hahn AB, West Germany
16. January 1986 - June 1986, Assistant Deputy Commander for Operations, 50th Tactical Fighter Wing, Hahn AB, West Germany
17. June 1986 - June 1987, student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
18. June 1987 - January 1989, Chief, European North Atlantic Treaty Organization Plans Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
19. January 1989 - October 1990, Vice Commander, 23rd Tactical Fighter Wing, England AFB, La.
20. October 1990 - April 1992, Commander, 363rd Tactical Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
21. April 1992 - September 1993, Deputy Director of Operational Requirements, Deputy Chief of Staff for Plans and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
22. September 1993 - May 1995, Deputy Commander, Canadian North American Aerospace Defense Region, North American Aerospace Command, North Bay, Ontario, Canada
23. May 1995 - October 1996, Commander, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, Colo.
24. October 1996 - June 1998, Chief, Office of Defense Cooperation Turkey, U.S. European Command, Ankara, Turkey
25. June 1998 - August 2000, Director of Global Power Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
26. August 2000 - present, Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 3,000
Aircraft flown: F-105, A-7D, A-10 and F-16
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Distinguished Flying Cross
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Vietnam Service Medal with three service stars
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jun 11, 1967
First Lieutenant Dec 11, 1968
Captain Jun 11, 1970
Major Apr 1, 1979
Lieutenant Colonel Dec 1, 1982
Colonel Dec 1, 1986
Brigadier General Jun 1, 1993
Major General Apr 1, 1996
Lieutenant General Dec 1, 2000
(Current as of December 2000)