Selected for reassignment as the Director, Defense Human Resources Activity, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Alexandria, Virginia.
William H. Booth Sr., a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director, Air Force Office of Business Transformation, Office of the Under Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, DC where he serves as the Deputy Director of Business Transformation for the Air Force and oversees implementation of continuous process improvement initiatives across the Air Force. Mr. Booth also provides advice to Air Force senior leadership on establishing strategic performance goals, and managing Air Force-wide cross-functional activities to meet those goals. Additionally, he assists the Air Force Deputy Chief Management Officer in exercising the Under Secretary's Chief Management Officer responsibility for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of Air Force business operations. Prior to his selection for this position, he served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Reserve Affairs).
Mr. Booth was commissioned a second lieutenant in June 1973 through the Georgia Institute of Technology's ROTC program. He entered active duty in September 1973 as a management engineering officer assigned to Detachment 2, 3025th Management Engineering Squadron, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. During the next 28 years, Mr. Booth served in a wide variety of positions of increasing responsibility at wing, major command, unified and Air Force headquarters levels. In early 2002 following retirement from active duty, Mr. Booth became a senior level civilian executive serving at Headquarters United States Air Force as the Senior Advisor in the Directorate of Manpower and Organization. He assumed his current position in October 2013.
1973 Bachelor's degree in industrial and system engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
1977 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1978 Master of Arts degree in business management, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
1982 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1990 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. September 1973 - November 1975, management engineering officer, Detachment 2, 3025th Management Engineering Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. December 1975 - June 1977, Manpower resource programmer, Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. July 1977 - May 1982, functional team lead, Air Force Data Systems Design Center, Gunter AFB, Ala.
4. June 1982 - July 1983, Commander, Detachment 3, 4400th Management Engineering Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. August 1983 - July 1987, Chief, Resource Branch, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, Langley AFB, Va.
6. August 1987 - June 1991, Chief, Manpower Budget Development, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. July 1991 - May 1992, Chief, Requirements Division, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. June 1992 - October 1994, Chief, Manpower and Organization Division, and Deputy Director of Manpower and Personnel, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. November 1994 - May 1995, Director of Manpower and Organization, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
10. June 1995 - February 1996, Chief, Manpower Resources Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. March 1996 - October 2000, Chief, Program Development Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. November 2000 - December 2001, acting Deputy Director for Manpower and Organization, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. January 2002 - August 2009, Senior Advisor for Manpower, Organization and Resources, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. August 2009 - September 2010, Deputy Director of Manpower, Organization and Resources, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
15. September 2010 - April 2012, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Force Management Integration, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C.
16. April 2012 - September 2013, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Reserve Affairs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C.
17. October 2013 - present, Deputy Director, AF Office of Business Transformation, Office of the Under Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
(Current as of February 2014)