Lt. Gen. Gregory Biscone is the Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this capacity, he reports to the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Air Force on matters concerning Air Force effectiveness, efficiency, and the military discipline of active duty, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard forces. He also provides inspection policy, and oversees the inspection and evaluation system for all Air Force nuclear and conventional forces; oversees Air Force counterintelligence operations and chairs the Air Force Intelligence Oversight Panel; investigates fraud, waste and abuse; oversees criminal investigations; and provides oversight of complaints resolution programs. General Biscone is responsible for two field operating agencies: the Air Force Inspection Agency and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.
General Biscone graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1981. His assignments include evaluator duty and wing command in the B-52; squadron, group and wing command in the B-2; advanced systems acquisition; and aide to the Commander, Air Combat Command. He also led the Joint Staff's Force Integration Branch, directed the Headquarters U.S. Executive Secretariat, and served as ACC's Assistant Director of Air and Space Operations. He has also served as Deputy Director of Operations, U.S. Central Command, and Director, Air Force Quadrennial Defense Review, and Director, Global Operations, U. S. Strategic Command.
Prior to his current assignment, General Biscone was Commander, Office of the Defense Representative, Pakistan. In that role, he was the senior military representative in Pakistan and in concert with the U.S. Embassy Country Team, promoted and enhanced U.S. security goals by assisting Pakistan military counterinsurgency efforts by building capacity and developing relationships with the Pakistan military to strengthen and perpetuate a resilient and mutually beneficial defense relationship with Pakistan.
1981 Bachelor's degree in economics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1986 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Master of Business Administration degree in aviation, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
1993 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Master's degree in national security strategy, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
2001 Senior Executive Fellowship, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass
1. July 1981 - August 1982, student, undergraduate pilot training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. August 1982 - December 1982, student, Combat Crew Training School, Carswell AFB, Texas
3. January 1983 - July 1985, line and evaluator co-pilot, 60th Bomb Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
4. August 1985 - July 1988, aircraft commander, squadron flight scheduler, instructor pilot and Chief of Bomber Training, 416th Bomb Wing, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
5. August 1988 - September 1991, line instructor, aircraft commander, standards and evaluations pilot, and Strategic Air
Command instrument school instructor pilot, 93rd Bomb Wing, Castle AFB, Calif.
6. September 1991 - June 1992, acquisition officer, Headquarters Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. August 1992 - June 1993, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 1993 - July 1995, aide to the Commander, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. August 1995 - March 1997, operations officer, 393rd Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. April 1997 - June 1998, Commander, 393rd Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
11. August 1998 - June 1999, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. June 1999 - April 2001, Chief, Force Integration Branch, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. April 2001 - December 2001, Director, Executive Secretariat, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. December 2001 - July 2003, Commander, 509th Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
15. July 2003 - June 2005, Commander, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
16. June 2005 - May 2006, Assistant Director of Air and Space Operations, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
17. May 2006 - September 2007, Commander, 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
18. September 2007 - May 2009, Deputy Director of Operations, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
19. May 2009 - February 2010, Director, Air Force Quadrennial Defense Review, Office of the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
20. February 2010 - February 2011, Chief of Staff, Secretary of Defense Comprehensive Review Working Group, Washington, D.C.
21. February 2011 - January 2013, Director, Global Operations, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
22. January 2013 - August 2014, Commander, Office of the Defense Representative, Pakistan, U.S. Embassy, Pakistan
23. August 2014 - present, Inspector General of the Air Force, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 1999 - April 2001, Chief, Force Integration Branch, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2. September 2007 - May 2009, Deputy Director of Operations, USCENTCOM, MacDill AFB, Fla.
3. February 2011 - January 2013, Director, Global Operations, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
4. January 2013 – August 2014, Commander, Office of the Defense Representative, Pakistan, U.S. Embassy, Pakistan
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,800
Aircraft flown: B-2, B-52D/G/H and T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Distinguished Flying Cross with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1981
First Lieutenant May 27, 1983
Captain May 27, 1985
Major April 1, 1993
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 1997
Colonel April 1, 2001
Brigadier General Aug. 1, 2007
Major General May 18, 2010
Lieutenant General Jan. 12, 2013
(Current as of July 2015)