Mr. David H. Eskins, a Defense Intelligence Senior Leader, is Senior Intelligence Engineer, Space and Missiles Directorate, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. NASIC is the Air Force and Department of Defense Center of Excellence for all-source foreign air and space intelligence. Mr. Eskins is responsible for the content and quality of the directorate's products, and he ensures the products satisfy the needs of the operational, acquisition and policy-making customers.
Mr. Eskins, a native of Logan, W.Va., graduated from Marshall University and began his government career in 1980 as a space systems analyst with the Central Intelligence Agency. He transferred to the Foreign Technology Division (now NASIC) in 1983 where he held a variety of space and ballistic missile positions. In 1992, he accepted an assignment with the Defense Intelligence Agency, and subsequently returned to NASIC as the ballistic missile division chief in 1998. He is the Air Force representative to the Weapon and Space Systems Intelligence Committee. Mr. Eskins was appointed as a Defense Intelligence Senior Leader in November 2004.
1971 Bachelor's degree in physics, Marshall University, W.Va.
1976 Master's degree in physics, Marshall University, W.Va.
1. March 1980 - June 1983, space analyst, Office of Space and Weapons Research, Central Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
2. June 1983 - October 1986, space analyst, Systems Directorate, Foreign Technology Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. October 1986 - June 1992, space and missiles senior analyst, Technology Directorate, Foreign Technology Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. June 1992 - October 1998, liaison officer, Defense Intelligence Agency, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. October 1998 - February 2002, Chief, Ballistic Missile Division, NASIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. February 2002 - August 2002, acting Technical Director, Foreign Technology Directorate, NASIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. August 2002 - present, Senior Intelligence Engineer, Space and Missiles Directorate, NASIC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
(Current as of March 2007)