Ross E. Marshall, is a member of the Senior Executive Service, Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. He is responsible for assisting the commander in providing operational planning and execution of Air Force Supply Chain Management and Depot Maintenance missions for a wide range of aircraft, engines, missiles, and component items in support of AFMC missions. He assists in overseeing operations which span three air logistics complexes, three air base wings, two supply chain management wings, and multiple remote locations that incorporate more than 32,000 military and civilian personnel. In addition, he helps ensure installation support to more than 75,000 personnel working in 140 associate units at the three AFSC bases.
Mr. Marshall has served in a wide range of positions within various assignments during his tenure with the federal government. He has been responsible for providing direction and establishing policy concerning a broad array of programs, processes and issues that affect national security strategy, resource allocations and force employment doctrine at Headquarters U.S. Air Force. He has supervised engineers and technicians performing aircraft and missile maintenance, repair and overhaul. Mr. Marshall provided management expertise over all aspects of the F-4 weapon system and was the Program Manager for the F/A-18 Modification, Corrosion and Paint Program. He has administered depot competition workloads and was the senior business planner for Depot Maintenance activities. He most recently served as Executive Director of Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2007.
1982 Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
1987 Advanced Management Seminar, Office of Personnel Management, Denver, Colo.
1988 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Executive Management Seminar, Office of Personnel Management, Lancaster, Pa.
1997 Master's degree in public administration, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
2002 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master's degree in strategic studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1982 - December 1986, Mechanical Engineer, Landing Gear Division, Maintenance Directorate, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
2. December 1986 - December 1988, Chief, Manufacturing Support Section, Commodities Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
AWARDS AND HONORS
3. December 1988 - June 1990, Chief, Missile and Aircraft Systems Branch, Intercontinental Ballistics Missile Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
4. June 1990 - July 1992, Chief, Aircraft Engineering Branch, Aircraft Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
5. July 1992 - July 1993, F-4 Deputy System Program Director, Aircraft Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
6. July 1993 - May 1994, Chief, Project Administration Office, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
7. May 1994 - November 1994, F/A-18 Program Manager, Aircraft Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
8. November 1994 - January 1998, Chief, Industrial Operations Division, Financial Management Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
9. January 1998 - April 1999, Deputy Director, Aircraft Directorate, and Deputy Director, Commodities Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
10. May 1999 - June 2000, Chief of Staff to the Commander, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
11. June 2000 - June 2001, Deputy Director, Maintenance Management Division, Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2001 - April 2002, Chief, Congressional Liaison Branch, Legislative Liaison, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. May 2002 - March 2003, Director, Electronics Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
14. March 2003 - February 2005, Deputy Director, Directorate of Maintenance, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
15. February 2005 - June 2007, Vice Director, 309th Maintenance Wing, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
16. June 2007 - September 2008, Director, 84th Combat Sustainment Wing, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
17. September 2008 - November 2010, Deputy Director of Logistics, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
18. November 2010 - July 2012, Executive Director, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
19. July 2012 - Present, Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1998 Management Achievement Award, Federal Managers Association
2005 Outstanding AFMC Depot Maintenance Manager
2005 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2006 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2011 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2011 Presidential Rank Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Federal Managers Association
Program Management, Level III
Acquisition Logistics, Level II
(Current as of April 2014)