Ms. Ann L. Mitchell, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Installations, Logistics and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, La. This command has control of our nation's Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles, B-2 and B-52 bombers. Ms. Mitchell is responsible for organizing, training, and equipping the command's civil engineering, contracting, logistics, maintenance, munitions and security forces totaling 13,000 personnel. Air Force Global Strike Command provides combatant commanders with combat ready forces to conduct the strategic nuclear deterrence and global strike operations.
Ms. Mitchell began her career in 1977 at Robins AFB, Ga., as a productivity enhancement specialist following her graduation from the University of Georgia. She was then assigned to Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, where she served as Chief, Workforce Management, as well as Chief, Management Information. While assigned to Ramstein Air Base, Germany, she integrated Air Force logistics with NATO and Partnership for Peace countries, and she also directed U.S. Air Forces in Europe logistics war planning as Deputy Chief, Logistics Plans and Programs. Ms. Mitchell served on the Air Staff as Chief of the Information Technology Division where she led an Air Force-wide effort to integrate logistics business systems. Prior to her current assignment, she was assigned as the Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
1977 Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology, magna cum laude, University of Georgia, Athens
1984 Master of Business Administration degree in logistics management, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne
1994 Sloan Fellowship, Master of Science degree in management, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif.
2005 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1977 - October 1984, productivity enhancement specialist, Industrial Systems Division, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. October 1984 - February 1991, Chief, Workforce Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. February 1991 - July 1994, Chief, Management Information Systems, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. July 1994 - February 1997, Program Manager, Lean Logistics/Reengineering, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. February 1997 - January 2001, Chief, International Logistics, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. January 2001 - February 2002, Deputy Chief, Logistics Plans and Programs, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
7. February 2002 - May 2004, Chief, Information Technology Division, Directorate of Innovation and Transformation, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. May 2004 - August 2004, Deputy Director, Space and Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Directorate, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
9. September 2004 - August 2007, Vice Director, 508th Aircraft Sustainment Wing, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
10. September 2007 - August 2009, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
11. August 2009 - present, Director, Installations, Logistics and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1990 Award for Personnel Excellence, Air Force Association
1991 Chief of Staff Letter of Commendation
1992 Commander in Chief Special Recognition for Installation Excellence
1997 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
1999 Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2001 Letter of Commendation
2004 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2006 Defense Leadership and Management Program
2007 Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2009 Roger W. Jones Executive Leadership Award for ACC
2009 Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service
Acquisition Logistics, Level III
Program Management, Level II
Financial Management, Level I
(Current as of July 2012)