Brig. Gen. Elizabeth A. Grote is the director of logistics, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. The directorate of logistics is comprised of 120 military, civilian, air reserve technician and traditional reserve personnel who ensure logistics management, planning, support and oversight for day-to-day operations of 673 flying and support units. The command supports more than 445 aircraft of 13 different mission/design/series. There are more than 20,000 logisticians in Air Force Reserve Command units supporting these missions.
General Grote was born in Bloomington, Ind., and graduated from Elston Senior High School in Michigan City, Ind. She entered the Air Force in 1972 after graduating from Purdue University. General Grote was commissioned through completion of Officer Training School and completed the Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course at Chanute Air Force Base, Ill. The general served on active duty for five years entering the Air Force Reserve in 1977. During her career, she has held positions as Assistant Director of Logistics, Numbered Air Force Director of Logistics, Maintenance Group Commander, Squadron Commander, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, Job Control Officer, and Squadron Maintenance Officer. As an Air Reserve Technician, General Grote holds dual status as a civil service employee and an Air Force Reservist.
1972 Bachelor of Arts in political science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
1972 Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
1973 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Training, Chanute AFB, Ill.
1977 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1980 Associate of science in aviation maintenance technology, Portland Community College, Portland, Ore.
1982 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1992 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Master of Arts, military studies – defense management, American Military University, Manassas, Va.
1. October 1972, student, U.S. Air Force Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1972 - April 1973, student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. April 1973 - August 1973, Officer in Charge of flight line, L.G. Hanscom Field, Boston, Mass.
4. September 1973 - June 1977, Officer in Charge, Job Control, 916th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. October 1977 - July 1980, Officer in Charge, Job Control, 940th Air Refueling Group, Mather AFB, Calif.
6. July 1980 – January 1982, Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Air Force Logistics Command, McClellan AFB, Calif.
7. January 1982 – January 1987, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, 304th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, Portland IAP, Ore.
8. February 1987 – June 1988, Commander, 939th Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Portland IAP, Ore.
9. June 1988 – June 1990, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, 939th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Group, Portland IAP, Ore.
10. June 1990 – June 1992, Deputy Commander for Maintenance, 939th Rescue Wing, Portland IAP, Ore.
11. June 1992 – September 1995, commander, 939th Logistics Group, Portland IAP, Ore.
12. September 1995 - January 1999, Commander, 439th Logistics Group, Westover Air Reserve Base, Mass.
13. January 1999 - March 1999, Chief, Maintenance Engineering Branch, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
14. March 1999 - March 2002, Director, Logistics Division, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
15. March 2002 - May 2003, Assistant Director, Logistics Directorate, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
16. May 2003 – October 2008, Director, Logistics Directorate, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 13, 1972
First Lieutenant Oct. 13, 1974
Captain Oct. 13, 1976
Major May 1, 1983
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 1988
Colonel May 1, 1993
Brigadier General March 15, 2005
(Current as of October 2008)