Brig. Gen. Bruce E. Davis is Commander, 445th Airlift Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The wing includes 19 units, more than 2,100 people and is currently converting to the C-5 Galaxy aircraft.
General Davis enlisted in the Air Force in 1969 in Fort Worth, Texas. He graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1974, serving on active duty until 1984. He joined the Air Force Reserve's 68th Military Airlift Squadron, Kelly AFB, Texas, where he accepted an Air Reserve Technician position in 1986. The general's commands include an operations group, a rescue group and, prior to his current position, the 512th Air lift Wing, Dover AFB, Del.
The general is a command pilot with more than 6,300 flying hours.
1974 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering mechanics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1978 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB. Ala.
1981 Master of Science degree in systems management, University of Southern California
1984 Air Command and Staff College
1996 Master of Science degree in national security strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. August 1974 - August 1975, student, undergraduate pilot training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. December 1975 - January 1978, T-37 instructor pilot, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. January 1978 - January 1980, C-141A/B aircraft commander, McChord AFB, Wash.
4. January 1980 - December 1983, flight commander, T-37 Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. December 1983 - July 1984, scientific analyst, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. July 1984 - June 1993, C-5A/B flight examiner, operations officer, OSF Commander, Kelly AFB, Texas
7. June 1993 - July 1995, WC-130H operations officer, Keesler AFB, Miss.
8. August 1995 - June 1996, student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
9. June 1996 - November 1996, Vice Commander, Tuzla Air Base, Bosnia
10. November 1996 - August 1997, Reserve adviser to Deputy Chief of Staff for Air, Space and Information Operations, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11. August 1997 - June 1999, Operations Group Commander, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, N.Y.
12. June 1999 - December 2001, Commander, 920th Rescue Group, Patrick AFB, Fla.
13. December 2001 - April 2004, Commander, 512th Airlift Wing, Dover AFB, Delaware
14. May 2004 - present, Commander, 445th Airlift Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 6,300
Aircraft flown: C-141 A/B/C, C-5 A/B, C-130 H3, WC-130H, HC-130, T-37 and HH-60
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Short
Air Force Longevity Service Award with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with bronze hourglass and four "M" devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Air Force Training Ribbon
NATO Medal (Former Republic of Yugoslavia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 5, 1974
First Lieutenant June 5, 1976
Captain June 5, 1978
Major May 2, 1986
Lieutenant Colonel June 18, 1993
Colonel Aug.1, 1997
Brigadier General April 30, 2005
(Current as of June 2006)