Maj. Gen. Anita R. Gallentine is mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
General Gallentine earned her commission in 1977 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at Bowling Green State University, Ohio. Throughout her military career, which included four years on active duty, 13 years in the Air National Guard and 18 years as an individual mobilization augmentee, she has primarily worked in the aircraft and munitions maintenance career fields. In addition to her primary military duties she serves as an admissions liaison officer for northern Florida for the U.S. Air Force Academy and Reserve Officer Training Corps scholarship program. Maj. Gen. Gallentine was also appointed by the Secretary of Defense to serve as a member of the Reserve Forces Policy Board from 2009-2012.
1977 Bachelor of Science degree in public relations, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
1978 Munitions Maintenance Officer School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
1979 Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1979 Nuclear Safety School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
1981 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1981 Master of Science degree in human resource management, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Wash.
1985 Combined Air Warfare Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1995 Air War College, by correspondence
1. February 1978 - February 1980, conventional and nuclear munitions maintenance officer, 92nd Bombardment Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
2. February 1980 - October 1981, weapons safety officer, 92nd Bombardment Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
3. February 1982 - October 1984, ground safety officer, 141st Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. October 1984 - May 1987, education and training officer, 141st Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
5. May 1987 - September 1989, organizational maintenance officer, 168th Air Refueling Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska
6. September 1989 - September 1994, Commander, Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 168th Air Refueling Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska
7. September 1994 - July 1998, individual mobilization augmentee, Munitions Maintenance and Space Policy and Plans Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 1998 - June 2000, senior individual mobilization augmentee to the Directorate of Maintenance, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2000 - July 2004, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. July 2004 - July 2008, mobilization assistant to the Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command at Scott AFB, Ill.
11. August 2008 - present, mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass and "M" device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 10, 1977
First Lieutenant June 10, 1979
Captain March 18, 1983
Major Aug. 10, 1989
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 22, 1994
Colonel July 1, 1998
Brigadier General Aug. 1, 2004
Major General April 3, 2009
(Current as of August 2012)