Brig. Gen. Robert T. Cetola is mobilization assistant to the Director, Defense Logistics Agency, Alexandria, Va. He serves as the senior Air Force Reservist responsible for the organization and training of Reserve personnel serving at more than 90 Defense Logistics Agency locations in the United States and overseas. He is co-chairman of the Defense Logistics Agency Reserve Forces
Advisory Council, responsible for the joint mission performance of 1,500
Reservists from the U.S. Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines.
The general entered the Air Force in 1961 as a distinguished graduate of the Grove City College Reserve Officer Training Corps program. While on active duty he served as an F-100 pilot deploying to Puerto Rico during the Dominican Crisis; and Italy and Turkey, performing nuclear alert. He also served as a forward air controller with the 10lst Airborne Division in Vietnam, flying 151 combat missions in the O-1E Bird Dog. Following his release from active duty in 1966, he served as a charter member mobilization designee with civil defense in Fort Worth, Texas, and Commander, Air Force Admissions Liaison Officer,
Washington, D.C. He has also served as mobilization assistant to the Director of Logistics, Plans and Programs at Headquarters U.S. Air Force, and at Air Force Space Command as mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Systems Integration, Logistics and Support.
In his civilian occupation, he is a director for an advanced technology company.
1961 Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, Grove City College, Pa.
1964 Air Ground Officers School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1965 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Fla.
1970 Master of Management Science degree, Texas Christian University
1976 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1983 Air War College, by seminar
1984 Reserve Component National Security Seminar, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1987 Senior Officer Professional Military Education Course, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1989 Communications and Computers Senior Executive Seminar, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1990 General Officers Space Orientation Course, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
1991 Senior Reserve Component Officers Course, Army War College, Carlisle, Pa.
1. July 1961 - August 1962, student, pilot training, Webb AFB, Texas
2. August 1962 - May 1963, student, F-100 combat crew training, Luke AFB, Ariz.
3. June 1963 - September 1965, F-100D fighter pilot, 353rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Myrtle Beach AFB, S.C.
4. September 1965 - March 1966, forward air controller, 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry, 10lst Airborne Division, Republic of Vietnam
5. March 1966 - August 1966, wing command post senior controller, 354th Tactical Fighter Wing, Myrtle Beach AFB, S.C.
6. March 1966 - March 1973, individual ready Reserve, Denver, Colo.
7. March 1973 - December 1975, 9006th ARS/Disaster Preparedness Office, Tarrant County Civil Defense, Fort Worth, Texas
8. December 1975 - present, admissions liaison officer, Hampton, Va., and Annandale, Va. (1984 - 1985, Commander, Air Force Admissions Liaison Officer, Washington, D.C.)
9. October 1978 - February 1986, individual mobilization augmentee, Headquarters U.S. Air Staff, Office of Logistics Concepts, Washington, D.C.
10. February 1986 - June 1987, individual mobilization augmentee, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Office of Logistics, Plans and Programs, Washington, D.C.
11. July 1987 - July 1993, mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Systems Integration, Logistics and Support, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. August 1993 - present, mobilization assistant to the Director, Defense Logistics Agency, Alexandria, Va.
Rating: Pilot, parachutist
Flight hours: 1,280
Aircraft flown: F-100, 0-1 E, T-33, T-38 and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Flying Cross
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal
"Top Gun," F-100 fighter training class
1981 Outstanding Individual Mobilization Augmentee, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
1984 Outstanding Reserve Liaison Officer in the Southeast
"Planning Considerations for Offset Aimpoint Radar Bombing, " USAF Fighter Weapons Review, Summer 1971
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Reserve Officers Association
Air Force Association
National Security Industrial Association
Order of the Daedalians
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 11, 1961
First Lieutenant Jan. 11,1963
Captain Jan. 11, 1966
Major Dec. 2, 1977
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 19 , 1982
Colonel June 1, 1986
Brigadier General Feb. 4, 1990
(Current as of December 1994)