Brig. Gen. Sally Ann Eaves is mobilization assistant to the Director of Maintenance and Logistics, Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Va. The Logistics Directorate is responsible for policy, budget and oversight of the command's maintenance, supply, contracting, transportation and munitions activities. She assists in the logistics direction and oversight to the 27,060 logistics people assigned to 93 ACC combat and combat logistics support units worldwide supporting 1,280 fighter, bomber and special mission aircraft. The director leads a staff of more than 350 people and controls a budget of $3.4 billion. In addition, three special staff agencies, comprising more than 440 people, provide the command's regional supply support, command-wide contracting activities and program management of the radar surveillance systems dedicated to protecting the nation's borders.
The general has held a variety of positions in joint logistics, wholesale logistics, plans and programs, and transportation management. She has also served in a variety of administrative and executive support assignments on active duty, as a unit reservist and as an individual mobilization augmentee.
1967 Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Wash.
1980 Graduate study, Education, Utah State University, Logan
1980 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1982 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1988 Air War College, by seminar
1. December 1967 - August 1969, wing executive officer and Chief of Administration, 7272nd Flying Training Wing, Wheelus Air Base, Libya
2. September 1969 - September 1970, administrative officer, 388th Supply Squadron, later, wing executive officer, 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, Korat Royal Thai AB, Thailand
3. September 1970 - August 1972, administrative officer, 32nd Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron, Royal Air Force Alconbury, England
4. September 1972 - March 1975, administrative officer and section commander, 50th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Hahn AB, West Germany
5. April 1975 - October 1976, administrative officer, 4th Organizational Maintenance Squadron; later, Chief of Strategic Air Command/Tactical Air Command Maintenance Consolidation Test Administration, 4th Tactical Fighter Wing, Seymour-Johnson AFB, N.C.
6. November 1976 - July 1977, individual mobilization augmentee to the Chief of Administration, 4th Combat Support Group, Seymour-Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. January 1978 - May 1980, IMA to the Chief of Security Police, then to the Chief of Administration; later, IMA to the to the Base Commander, 2849th Air Base Group, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
8. August 1980 - November 1981, IMA to the Commandant, Air Command and Staff College, then to the Air Force Reserve Adviser, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. November 1981 - May 1983, executive officer, 482nd Tactical Fighter Wing, Homestead AFB, Fla.
10. September 1983 - November 1987, IMA to the Director for Logistics (J4), U.S. Forces Korea, with attachments at Taegu AB, South Korea, and Hill AFB, Utah
11. November 1987 - February 1993, IMA to the Chief of Transportation, then to the Director of Distribution; later IMA to the Director of Commodities, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
12. February 1993 - August 1995, IMA to the Director for Logistics for North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Space Command, with additional duty as Service Element Administrator, Air Force, Joint Aerospace Reserve Program, NORAD/USSPACECOM, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. August 1995 - April 1998, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Oklahoma City ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. April 1998 - present, mobilization assistant to the Director of Logistics; then to the Director of Combat Weapons Systems; then to the Director of Maintenance and Logistics, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
1990 Officer Individual Mobilization Augmentee of the Year, Air Force Logistics Command
1999 - 2000 Listed in Who's Who of American Women
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 17, 1967
First Lieutenant May 5, 1969
Captain Nov. 17, 1970
Major May 17, 1981
Lieutenant Colonel June 17, 1988
Colonel July 1, 1992
Brigadier General March 31, 1998
(Current as of August 2000)