Maj. Gen. Grant R. Mulder is mobilization assistant to the Director for Logistics, U.S. Atlantic Command, Norfolk, Va. He oversees joint logistics plans, policies, procedures, operations, training and exercises in support of United States national security interests within the USACOM area of responsibility and in support of USACOM's role as the integrator, trainer and provider of joint forces to the unified commands worldwide.
General Mulder entered the Air Force in 1963 and was commissioned through Officer Training School in March 1964. He flew the B-52H and the C-130A/H, and he has commanded at the squadron and group levels. The general has served as mobilization assistant to the Director of Operations, U.S. Pacific Command, and to the Commander, Air Force Inspection Agency. He is a command pilot with more than 5,000 hours, mainly in multiengined aircraft, and he flew 700 combat hours in Vietnam. In his civilian occupation, he is a captain for a major airline.
1963 Bachelor of Science degree in business, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater
1978 Master of Business Administration degree, with honors, Roosevelt University, Chicago
1980 Distinguished graduate, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. March 1964 - May 1965, student, undergraduate pilot training, Moody AFB, Ga.
2. May 1965 - October 1965, student, B-52H combat crew training, Castle AFB, Calif
3. October 1965 - June 1967, B-52H pilot, 319th Bomb Wing, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
4. June 1967 - January 1970, C-130A pilot, 815th Tactical Airlift Squadron, Tachikawa, Japan
5. January 1970 - July 1970, C-130A pilot, 40th Tactical Airlift Squadron, Lockbourne AFB, Ohio
6. July 1970 - November 1972, Air Reserve Technician, C-130A instructor pilot, 64th Tactical Airlift Squadron, O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Ill.
7. November 1972 - December 1982, C-130A instructor pilot, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, and flight commander, 64th Tactical Airlift Squadron, O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Ill.
8. December 1982 - October 1986, Commander, 64th Tactical Airlift Squadron, O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Ill.
9. October 1986 - April 1988, mobilization assistant to the Director of Current Operations, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
10. April 1988 - October 1990, Commander, 928th Tactical Airlift Group, O'Hare Air Reserve Facility, Chicago, Ill.
11. October 1990 - July 1993, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air Force Inspection and Safety Center, Norton AFB, Calif.
12. July 1993 - January 1995, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
13. January 1995 - March 1996, mobilization assistant to the Inspector General, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. March 1996 - present, mobilization assistant to the Director for Logistics, U.S. Atlantic Command, Norfolk, Va.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 5,000 military; more than 12,000 civilian
Aircraft flown: B-52H, C-130A/H, CV-880, DC-9 and B-727
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Vietnam Service Medal
Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm
1989 President, Reserve Officers Association, Department of Illinois
1990 - 1992, National Executive Committeeman, Reserve Officers Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant March 31, 1964
First Lieutenant March 31, 1967
Captain March 31, 1969
Major May 10, 1977
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 14, 1981
Colonel April 1, 1986
Brigadier General Feb. 9, 1994
Major General May 1, 1997
(Current as of January 2000)