Maj. Gen. Robert B. Siegfried is mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
General Siegfried entered the Air Force in June 1968 as a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. He is an experienced instructor pilot and flight examiner with nearly 3,000 flying hours, including more than 260 combat flying hours in Southeast Asia. In addition to his operations background, he has a wide range of experience at various levels in logistics to include tours as senior Reservist to the directors of plans and programs, financial management, and technology and industrial support at the Sacramento Air Logistics Center, Calif. He also served as the Air Force Materiel Command representative to the Air Force Reserve Command's strategic planning team.
In his civilian capacity, he currently serves in the public sector as a management consultant.
1968 Bachelor of Science degree in engineering management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1974 Masters of Arts degree in counseling and guidance, Ball State University, Muncie, Ind.
1975 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1976 Air Command and Staff, by correspondence
1985 Air War College, by seminar
1989 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C
1. September 1968 - September 1969, student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. October 1969 -April 1970, student, B-52 combat crew training, Castle AFB, Calif.
3. May 1970 - October 1970, B-52 combat aircrew co-pilot, 62nd Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
4. November 1970 - July 1971, student, rotary wing qualification training, Fort Rucker, Ala.
5. August 1971 - November 1971, student, pilot advanced flying training, Hill AFB, Utah
6. December 1971 - November 1972, flight leader and instructor pilot, Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai AFB, Thailand
7. December 1972 - February 1973, student, aerospace rescue and recovery basic instructor training, Hill AFB, Utah
8. April 1973 - May 1976, space recovery aircraft commander and flight examiner pilot, 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, Royal Air Force Woodbridge, England
9. June 1979 -April 1979, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation and flight test pilot, 41st Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, McClellan AFB, Calif.
10. July 1979 - March 1982, air operations officer and instructor pilot (Air National Guard), 129th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, Naval Air Station Moffett Field, Calif.
11. April 1982 -July 1988, maintenance staff officer and war plans officer, Sacramento Air Logistics Center, McClellan AFB, Calif.
12. August 1988 - May 1989, student, lndustrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. June 1989 - June 1990, Deputy Battle Staff Director and senior Reservist to the Director, Directorate of Plans and Programs, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
14. August 1990 March 1992, battle staff director and senior reservist to the director, directorate of financial management, Sacramento ALC, McClellan AFB, Calif.
15. April 1992 - January 1995, Director of Logistics and senior Reservist to the Director, Directorate of Technology and Industrial Support, Sacramento ALC McClellan AFB, Calif.
16. February 1995 - January 2003, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Ogden ALC, Hill AFB, Utah
17. January 2003 - present, mobilization assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
Rating: Senior pilot
Flight hours: Approximately 3,000
Aircraft flown T-41, T-37, T-38, B-52, OH-56, UH-1, CH-53, HH-53 and H-3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Flying Cross with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm
Aircraft and Munitions Maintenance Badge
1985 Outstanding graduate, Air War College
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 5, 1968
First Lieutenant June 5, 1974
Captain June 5, 1975
Major June 5, 1982
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 1987
Colonel Aug. 1, 1991
Brigadier General May 20, 1997
Major General Feb. 29, 2000
(Current as of January 2003)