David Beecroft, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for supporting the Director of Security Forces by providing executive leadership, direction, broad technical knowledge, and executive-level strategic continuity for a worldwide force of 37,000 security forces personnel conducting physical security, antiterrorism, force protection and policing operations. He is also the functional manager for the 1,100-person Department of the Air Force civilian police force.
Mr. Beecroft has served more than 39 years in the Air Force, including assignments with Headquarters Air Force Security Forces and the Joint Chiefs of Staff Combating Terrorism Directorate. He also served as Director of Security for Air Force Materiel Command; 76th Support Group Commander during the Base Realignment and Closure action at Kelly AFB, Texas; and 75th Air Base Wing Commander for the host base during the 2002 Winter Olympics. Previously, he served as a member of the Senior Executive Service as the Western Area Director, Headquarters Transportation Security Administration, Arlington, Va., and Federal Security Director in Nashville, Tenn.
1976 Bachelor of Arts degree in administration of justice, Western Oregon State University
1985 Master of Arts degree in public administration, Troy State University, Ala.
1986 Master of Science degree in criminal justice, California State University, Sacramento
1988 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy, Quantico, Va.
2006 Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
1. December 1970 - September 1972, sergeant, correctional specialist, 140th Military Police Company, Fort Gordon, Ga.
2. January 1973 - March 1978, police officer, cities of Corvallis and City of Astoria, Ore.
3. April 1978 - January 1980, shift commander, 7th Security Police Squadron, Carswell AFB, Texas
4. January 1980 - October 1982, operations officer, 1605th Security Police Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores
5. October 1982 - August 1985, operations officer, 435th Security Police Squadron, Rhein-Main Air Base,
6. August 1985 - June 1986, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, California State University,
7. July 1986 - December 1987, Chief, Nuclear and Aircraft Security, Headquarters Military Airlift Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. January 1988 - June 1989, Chief, Security Police Inspections Branch, Office of the Inspector General,
Headquarters MAC, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. July 1989 - August 1991, Commander, 62nd Security Police Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
10. August 1991 - July 1994, Chief, Operations Division, Headquarters Tactical Air Command, and Chief,
Resources Branch, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
11. August 1994 - August 1996, Deputy Commander, 37th Support Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
12. August 1996 - January 1997, Chief, Security Force Requirements, Headquarters Air Force Security
Forces, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. January 1997 - June 1998, staff officer, Deputy Director for Operations, Combating Terrorism Directorate (J34), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. June 1998 - April 1999, Director of Security Forces, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. April 1999 - April 2001, Commander, 76th Support Group, Kelly AFB, Texas
16. April 2001 - July 2002, Commander, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
17. July 2002 - November 2006, Federal Security Director, Transportation Security Administration, Nashville, Tenn.
18. November 2006 - March 2008, Western Area Director, Headquarters Transportation Security
Administration, Arlington, Va.
19. March 2008 - May 2010, Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and
Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
20. May 2010 - November 2011, Director of Global Combat Support (A4/7Z), Deputy Chief of Staff for
Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
21. November 2011 - June 2012, Deputy Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
22. January 2015 - Present, Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
(Current as of July 2015)