Francine C. Blackmon serves as the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Air Force Management Integration, Washington, D.C. She provides guidance and oversight in the formulation of strategic plans and policies impacting Air Force military and civilian human resource functions and activities (including, but not limited to: compensation and entitlements, education and training, transition, family support programs, health care, and wellness and morale, welfare and recreation activities). Ms. Blackmon has extensive interface with other Air Force elements, Department of Defense and other government agencies and Congress.
Ms. Blackmon is originally from Sacramento, Calif. Upon graduation from the University of Maryland, she was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Air Force and assigned to Grissom Air Force Base, Ind., as a personnel officer. Ms. Blackmon's 24-year military career was performed in the field of human resources. She served in such positions as the Chief of the Commander's Issues Team at the Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas; the Mission Support Squadron Commander at Fairchild AFB, Wash.; and Chief of the Air Force Skills Management Division at Headquarters U.S. Air Force. She also served as the military assistant for the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy. Ms. Blackmon completed her military career while serving in a dual capacity as both the Air Force Element Commander and Deputy Director for the Office of Human Resources at the NRO.
1983 Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology, University of Maryland, College Park
1986 Master of Science degree in education, Troy State University, Ala.
2003 Master of Strategic Studies degree, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1983 - April 1986, Chief, Career Progression, Grissom AFB, Ind.
2. April 1986 - July 1991, Chief, Consolidated Personnel Officer, Kadena Air Base, Japan
3. July 1991 - April 1992, Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. April 1992 - July 1996, Chief, Air Force Personnel Issues Team, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. July 1996 - June 1997, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. June 1997 - July 1999, Commander, Mission Support Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
7. July 1999 - June 2002, Division Chief, Air Force Skills Management Branch, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. June 2002 - June 2003, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2003 - November 2005, military assistant, Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy, Washington, D.C.
10. November 2005 - June 2007, Commander, Air Force Element, and Deputy Director, Office of Human Resources, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
11. December 2007 - June 2012, Senior Adviser, Office of Human Resources, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
12. June 2012 -present, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Air Force, Force Management Integration, Washington, D.C.
(Current as of June 2012)